• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Childs the Thing?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
John Carpenter's "The Thing" is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's scary, suspenseful, gory, immersive, and a classic.

SPOILERS The story is this:A group of American scientists come across a helicopter chasing down a dog in Antartica.The Chopper crashes and one of the passengers gets out and pulls a revolver and seemingly points it at the Americans, they shoot and kill him and the chopper explodes, killing the pilot. The team takes the dog back and locks it up with the other dogs. Turns out this newcomer isn't a dog, but some alien parasite. It attaches to a host and mimics them to get closer to the next. I won't spoil the whole thing but I will say that it ends with one character suspecting the other, his name is Childs, of being the Thing. They never tell us if Childs is the Thing and just give us extremely subtle hints and I'm still not positive if Childs is himself or a alien.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom