• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Internet Speedtest

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
My provider changed the internet speed last tuesday. I must say, I'm very happy :D And I also get a wireless modem. The one I use right now is 8 years old.
:D
Would you mind if I stole your internet? Ah... but a word of warning, wireless modems are horrifyingly unreliable. Expect problems despite that fast speed. Better off with seperate, high quality, modem and router.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Would you mind if I stole your internet? Ah... but a word of warning, wireless modems are horrifyingly unreliable. Expect problems despite that fast speed. Better off with seperate, high quality, modem and router.
Yes I know what you mean. Fortunately this wireless modem also gives you the option to turn the wireless thing off. I'm not too happy with wireless modems because of the reasons you just mentioned. And hold your pc up. I send you some of my speed :P I doubt it will work though

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
5140799509.png

My internet sucks apparently.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Comparing it again. Here's what I got last time.
And here's my current one.
5156037265.png

I've been testing it a couple times a year because my ISP is always trying to improve their network and keeps talking about how they want to get everyone on their service gigabit speeds by default within the decade. It hasn't really changed much. Since the exact value can vary depending on how much traffic the whole network is getting at any one moment, I'd say that they're close enough that they're effectively the same.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
My new pc's ethernet card can handle up to 1GB so I finally can enjoy the upgrade my provider gave us since march.
5413856861.png
Cool! My ISP is replacing the lines in my area within the next couple weeks in preparation for an "upgrade to gigabit speeds" it's planning to give its customers before the end of next year. I dunno how much speed we'll actually get, but since I'm in the 30s - 40s now, I'm hoping for at least what you have there.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Cool! My ISP is replacing the lines in my area within the next couple weeks in preparation for an "upgrade to gigabit speeds" it's planning to give its customers before the end of next year. I dunno how much speed we'll actually get, but since I'm in the 30s - 40s now, I'm hoping for at least what you have there.
That would be a big step forward! So we can expect the results here as soon as you've got the upgrade ;)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
That would be a big step forward! So we can expect the results here as soon as you've got the upgrade ;)
I'll also give it a try when the lines are replaced. From my understanding, this is all just prep work and they're not activating the new network for a while. But the lines here are in very poor shape and they react very badly to the heat in the summer and causes a lot of people's internet in my area to in and out and have other problems. Drives me insane. Sometimes going out five times a day at its worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom