• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler I disagree when people say BOTW is before OoT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Princess Ruta becoming a sage is mentioned in BotW too, which didn't happen in the Child Timeline, which is a lot more of a direct reference than Zelda's speech which I agree was a meta comment.
But knowledge of it exists because it happened to Adult Link who was sent back in time. It should be a part of recorded history.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
But knowledge of it exists because it happened to Adult Link who was sent back in time. It should be a part of recorded history.
Only Link has knowledge of it. It couldn't possibly be part of recorded history. That makes no sense.

Only Link has knowledge of it. It couldn't possibly be part of recorded history. That makes no sense.
REALLY? Going back in time and sharing the identities of the sages needed to seal away the most powerful evil that is still at large and currently starting a war with you doesn't make any sense? You don't think that information might be important to share with the royal family of the kingdom he's invading???

Jamie

REALLY? Going back in time and sharing the identities of the sages needed to seal away the most powerful evil that is still at large and currently starting a war with you doesn't make any sense? You don't think that information might be important to share with the royal family of the kingdom he's invading???
You're wrong, buddy.

Zachie

Moo
You're wrong, buddy.
I'm going to have to agree here. Unless the sages were necessary, I don't really see why Link would have mentioned them, especially since they weren't even active sages at that point in time.

You're wrong, buddy.

I'm going to have to agree here. Unless the sages were necessary, I don't really see why Link would have mentioned them, especially since they weren't even active sages at that point in time.

It's obvious! Ganondorf was alive in the child timeline! He escaped capture and started the Hylian-Gerudo war before he was eventually captured after a long and desperate struggle and then when he was about to be executed they discovered he had the Triforce of power and the sages had to seal him in desperation. These are all facts from Twilight Princess.

If Link returns and knows the identity of the people needed to seal away the person leading an enemy army with the intent to destroy Hyrule, and has seen what Ganondorf will turn Hyrule into if he succeeds (a wasteland filled with redeads) then of course he is going to mention to the royal family "um hey there are like these sages right, and we need their power to stop him".

It is the most important thing, especially considering he is a child and can't wield the master sword yet and hopefully knows better than to unlock it again because that would just recreate the initial series of events.

The sages referred to in Twilight Princess are not the same stages from Adult Links journey. They're known as the "Ancient Sages", and the only one of them that is present in Ocarina of Time is Raaru. Here's a Zelda Wiki link on the subject: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Sages
I never said they were the same. Just that the sages from Ocarina of Time were super important and obviously telling the royal family their identity would be something Link should do so that way they could round them up to seal Ganondorf. If Link is the only one that knows and something happens to him like he dies in combat (he did) and he didn't tell anyone then they would have no way of stopping Ganondorf and all of Hyrule would die if he takes over.

Not to mention they are all Link's friends and they all died in the other timeline. Him wanting them to be protected is just common sense.

Zachie

Moo
The facts dismiss your theory entirely. If Link told people the sages identities, there'd be no need for the other sages to step in in their place & there be no mention of the other sages. It's unlikely that Link did mention them.

The facts dismiss your theory entirely. If Link told people the sages identities, there'd be no need for the other sages to step in in their place & there be no mention of the other sages. It's unlikely that Link did mention them.
We don't know what happened in that period. Ganondorf may have killed most of them in the struggle. Link died so his friends probably did as well. but they were the only ones who he knew would make a difference so of course he would mention them.

And when he returned from the future to warn people about Ganondorf you don't think the royal family wanted the entire story before trying to arrest him? I imagine that would have taken some convincing. "I'm from the future and your vassal is a bad guy".

Zachie

Moo
We don't know what happened in that period. Ganondorf may have killed most of them in the struggle. Link died so his friends probably did as well. but they were the only ones who he knew would make a difference so of course he would mention them.

And when he returned from the future to warn people about Ganondorf you don't think the royal family wanted the entire story before trying to arrest him? I imagine that would have taken some convincing. "I'm from the future and your vassal is a bad guy".

Why would they have tried to arrest him, though? He went to Zelda with his story, not the king directly, so Zelda would have been the one to take it to her father. We can't definitively prove if Link told them about the sages, but the facts strongly say that he didn't because there's no mention of them outside of OoT. I'd think that they would have at least been mentioned, especially since they gave an entirely new back story to the Ancient Sages & mentioned the war. They would have also mentioned the other sages if they had been important in the battle.

Why would they have tried to arrest him, though? He went to Zelda with his story, not the king directly, so Zelda would have been the one to take it to her father. We can't definitively prove if Link told them about the sages, but the facts strongly say that he didn't because there's no mention of them outside of OoT. I'd think that they would have at least been mentioned, especially since they gave an entirely new back story to the Ancient Sages & mentioned the war. They would have also mentioned the other sages if they had been important in the battle.

They tried to arrest Ganondorf is what I'm saying. Zelda just telling the king he is evil because a boy from the future told her is weak. They would need the full story, Zelda herself would take convincing as well. You can't just wave a wand at them and have them believe you.

Zachie

Moo
Zelda herself would take convincing as well. You can't just wave a wand at them and have them believe you.
I guess we're ignoring the part where Zelda explicitly asked for Link's help here, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She already had suspicions of her own.

I guess we're ignoring the part where Zelda explicitly asked for Link's help here, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She already had suspicions of her own.
But you can't just say "I'm from the future arrest him". She's going to want to full story. And even if she is a princess she still needs proof for the king to act. And you don't think they are going to want to hear the story just because time travel is interesting and they will at some point have a few minutes to listen to this story?

Jamie

But you can't just say "I'm from the future arrest him". She's going to want to full story. And even if she is a princess she still needs proof for the king to act. And you don't think they are going to want to hear the story just because time travel is interesting and they will at some point have a few minutes to listen to this story?
This is just pure speculation. There's no evidence for it. It wouldn't be recorded in history anyway because it never happened in that timeline, it's just an interesting story. I still think the Twilight mention was just a meta shoutout. If you disagree, that's fine, but you have no factual evidence to back your claim about Princess Ruto, and so you can't just say "it's obvious!" And say we are factually wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom