• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule goes to war.... with Termina?

What do you think? Is this theory plausible or is it just a nonsensical mess.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right before you enter Snowpeak Ruins, the fifth dungeon in TP, you enter the Peak Providence, where Snowpeak Mountain is. However, there has never been a Snowpeak Mountain in Hyrule in any other game, at least not in Hyrule. In Majora's Mask, the game takes place in the land of Termina, the Goron race lives on a mountain know as Snowpeak. My theory is, when Link returns from his journey to Termina, he tells the king of Hyrule of Termina. The king, needing resources for his kingdom decides to go to war with Termina. Link is devastated, he tried so hard just to save the people of Termina, only to doom them once more.
As we know, the hero's shade who trains the Hero of Twilight is actually Link himself, at least his ghost, but he is missing one eye. He probably lost his eye in battle in order to fight Termina. The war itself does not go well because all of the Shiekha and Gerudo are slaughtered by the Terminanian army. All their effort is wasted because they only capture Snowhead mountain and it's turned into a vacation home for the Royal family and they change the name of the mountain to Snowhead. This theory also disproves that Link is dead in Majora's Mask and that Termina is a purgatory for him because obviously, Snowhead is just a little bit of captured territory stolen from Termina, proving that Termina is an actual place and not purgatory.

And before anyone say's anything. Yes, I accidentally spell't Sheikah wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minda had the power to teleport rather large items so it is theoretically possible and the series has had stranger occurrences, though I don't recall Hyrule going on the offensive before.

Yeah no they're in parallel worlds, just because there's a snowy mountain doesn't mean it's Snowpeak. By that logic, the entirety of the Great Plateau is in Termina.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Even so, the term Snowpeak comes from there being Snow on the Peak of a mountain. It's a rather unoriginal name, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were named as such separately.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Termina and Hyrule are in separate dimensions. Methods of traveling between dimensions aren't commonplace in Zelda, so it's impossible for them to go to war. Also, Hyrule seems like a pretty prosperous kingdom, so I don't think that they'd need resources.

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
I really don't think so. The only way to get to Termina seems to be a portal deep in the Lost Woods so even getting there dragging tons of equipment, soldiers and supplies would be a nightmare, and the logistics of supporting such an operation would be even worse. Plus, it seems that Hyrule is pretty well-off and really doesn't need to plunder alternate dimensions. Most likely Hyrule's Snowhead got its name by either the guy who discovered being completely unoriginal, or because he was inspired to name it so by the old legend (its not like there wouldn't be a precedent).

I know that Termina is a parallel universe is a popular theory. But where else have you seen a snowy mountain in other place in the child timeline? And Termina is found right after the lost woods so it is plausible that Termina is actually right next to Hyrule. Not to mention that everything that happens before the events TP is a little foggy. And remember when Darbus is talking about the race that once inhabited the Hidden Village? He said that they were still caught up in wars of old before they vanished. And lets remember that the whole parallel world theory is just a cop-out, they were just to lazy to create new character models except for Kaifei, the Mayor and his wife, and the grandma in the inn. I know that my theory is a bit of stretch as well, but if someone did find another way into Termina, it would probably through the mountains or Ikana Canyon because those face north and east which, if next to Hyrule, would be almost a perfect fit to the map in TP.

The poll voting options don't make sense for the question asked
Well it's my first theory so I just wanted to know if I did well and that if the theory made sense.

Also, If a bloody snowy mountain shows up right before the events in TP, Pretty sure they would be talking about it in the game. And, no one acknowledges the mountain, maybe because it symbolizes a past failure. And there is always need for more resources and territory so that gives a reason for Hyrule to be on the offensive .

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Yeah, and Witcher 3 took place in the real world because there's an actual city called Novigrad.

Also, If a bloody snowy mountain shows up right before the events in TP, Pretty sure they would be talking about it in the game. And, no one acknowledges the mountain, maybe because it symbolizes a past failure. And there is always need for more resources and territory so that gives a reason for Hyrule to be on the offensive .

The idea of a mountain just appearing out of nowhere kind of reminds me of this line from "Life, the Universe, and Everything"

The ultra-famous sciento-magician Effrafax of Wug once bet his life that, given a year, he could render the great megamountain Magramal entirely invisible.

Having spent most of the year jiggling around with immense Lux- O-Valves and Refracto-Nullifiers and Spectrum-Bypass-O-Matics, he realized, with nine hours to go, that he wasn't going to make it.

So, he and his friends, and his friends' friends, and his friends' friends' friends, and his friends' friends' friends' friends, and some rather less good friends of theirs who happened to own a major stellar trucking company, put in what now is widely recognized as being the hardest night's work in history, and, sure enough, on the following day, Magramal was no longer visible. Effrafax lost his bet - and therefore his life - simply because some pedantic adjudicating official noticed (a) that when walking around the area that Magramal ought to be he didn't trip over or break his nose on anything, and (b) a suspicious-looking extra moon.

The Somebody Else's Problem field is much simpler and more effective, and what's more can be run for over a hundred years on a single torch battery. This is because it relies on people's natural disposition not to see anything they don't want to, weren't expecting, or can't explain. If Effrafax had painted the mountain pink and erected a cheap and simple Somebody Else's Problem field on it, then people would have walked past the mountain, round it, even over it, and simply never have noticed that the thing was there.

Yeah, and Witcher 3 took place in the real world because there's an actual city called Novigrad.

The idea of a mountain just appearing out of nowhere kind of reminds me of this line from "Life, the Universe, and Everything"
Oh never mind, I didn't read the whole post at first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom