• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Dystopia SU

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The year is 2186. The land of Hyrule is long dead, remembered only in legend. The ancient curses that afflicted this land are believed to be dead, if not myths created by a long-dead civilization. Times have changed - what was once a monarchy became a democracy, which became... well, nothing.
Twenty years ago, nuclear war was waged across the land. Titans toppled and the planet died.
But something stirred, long-buried for centuries, deep within the Earth.
In the ruins of civilization, a long-dead cult has risen to "cleanse the Earth". Unexplainable natural phenomenon have occurred, destroying settlements and ancient landmarks. And rumors persist of an ancient being created of dark energy lying on the edge of the horizon, ready to strike
Welcome to the Hyrule Dystopia.

Anyways, this is another Post-Apoctalyptic Zelda RP, but it is very different from Kris's. It's post- the modern day, Hyrule is remembered by few, and magic and technology have come together as one. Civilization is destroyed, but humanity has not been - yet. Sign up and ask if you have any questions. I know this isn't the most concise sign-up thread ever, so I'll expect quite a few.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name:
Appearance:
Fighting Style:
Backstory:

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Name: Latch LeRais
Appearance: About 6', slim build, white hair, red eyes; generally wears a black turtleneck, tan cargo pants, and that flak jacket that chunin and jōnin wear in Naruto.
FS: Usually uses combat knives, but has a sniper rifle and two pistols just in case.
Backstory: All Latch has ever known is the ruins of a dead civilization. His first memory is him foraging for food outside the ruins of a house. When he was 6, an old mercenary named Luc LeRais took him in and taught him how to fight. When he was 16, Luc died. Since then he's been traveling, carving out his survival.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
No Dom animals dont exist :P
Yeah there are. If you want you could even gave somewhat futuristic weapons as well. I wouldnt bat an eye at a laser sword or anything like that

Pen

The game is on!
Sounds neat! So do we all play as humans? Or Hylians? Or can we be other races? Also, this long-dead cult was something that returned into history about 20 years ago, is that right? And is this cult ultimately the bad guys who kinda serve this ancient being created of dark energy?

G

Guest-3

Name: Tanneda Ali
Appearance: Black hair, sturdy build, very tan, muscular but not too much so, 5' 4" with piercing blue eyes.
Fighting Style: Likes to use her compact bow for long range but also uses a PS90, which she used in close up encounters as well as in distanced encounters.
Backstory: Tanneda was raised as an orphan until the age of 11, when she was evicted from the basement of a survivor who was much too paranoid. She has provided for herself ever since then, and due to her lack of contact with other people, she is quite unsocial. In fact, she doesn't talk. At all. Making her a 'mute', or whatever it is those civilized people know it as. Anyone she's ever come into contact with either traded with her quickly or didn't approach her at all. She was a lone wolf, THE lone wolf... and that's all she'd ever known.

G

Guest-3

Well at lest it's still Zelda and not Mario :p.... Yeah, that wasn't funny, sorry... I'll just watch the character creations now...

Mido

Version 1
Name: Zed Hyllen
Appearance: Short, but unkempt bright blond hair. Dons a white t-shirt and blue hoodie with darker blue jeans and white shoes. Pale complexion.
Fighting Style: Has an untapped knack for swordplay, but not much else in the combat department. Usually avoids combat, and as a result is slightly more dexterous than the average person.
Backstory: Born into an unusually affluent family, Zed happened to be born on the day of the great tragedy twenty years ago that shaped the current world. Numerous measures were taken to ensure his safety, and they worked; but by the time Zed became old enough to remember anything, all who had taken such measure to protect him were gone save for a mysterious old woman. The two survived together for a few years before the woman disappeared suddenly. Since that day, Zed has been on his own, trusting no one, surviving on whim alone, unaware of his lineage all the while.

((I may be encroaching canon here, so I encourage some fact-checking! :eek: I sort of came into this with a Martin Septim kind of character in mind, so I'll make some necessary tweaks if need be!))

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Alrighty, since it's a future Post-Apocalypse Zelda RP...

Name: Evermore/Kiran
Race: Hylian
Appearance: he wears all white armor, he has white mechanical wings that assist him in aerial combat. He has dyed white hair with purple tips. While the Hylian bloodline has been tainted over the years, he still has prominent, pointy ears. Uncommon in the day and age. he has a bit of white stubble growing in.
FS: he uses a modified SCAR-H automatic rifle and a semi-auto Uzi.
Backstory: Korin survived the Nuclear War but everyone and everything he knew was gone. After watching a group of innocent people demolished by hostile forces, he vowed that he would never let an innocent life be taken as long as it was in his power to stop it. He is now a vigilante who fights any threats to innocent lives. Some say he is the descendant of the legendary Hero of Time because of his intense courage. He works well with others and can't help but look out for his partners like an older brother.

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Donna (nicknamed Don)
Appearance:
Donna.png
Fighting Style: Donna is very athletic and she's exceptional at stealth. In combat she fights mostly melee with powerful kicks and punches, and with that she sometimes uses her collection of nifty equipment which includes smoke bombs, flash bombs, rope darts, throwing knives and spy cameras for example.
Backstory: Donna has no memory of her parents or any other relatives. She grew up on the streets in the early years of the nuclear war and learned to survive by stealing. One day when she was 11 she stole food from some men who were walking by, but they noticed it and soon caught up to her and brought her with them. These men saw her potential as a spy and so they took her into their cult by force. This cult, whose objective was to cleanse the earth, trained Donna along with other prominent subjects to become their tools. Many of the other subjects that were trained there broke from all the pressure, but not Donna. She endured all of the training and torture they put her through. In time she had been brainwashed to the point where she no longer resisted the men in charge. She followed their every order without question. She became one of their top agents, and her missions typically involved eavesdropping, retrieving various valuable items or kidnapping someone for her superiors. What later on happened to the ones that she kidnapped she did not know. All that mattered was not to fail a single mission for the cult.

((DN, just let me know if I took too much freedom with this and I'll change it. :)))

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Name: Vesper Xylander
Appearance: (will have a picture soon. Pendio made one for her)
Fighting Style: Ranged style, using water and ice to fight and create walls, etc. Also some interesting looking futuristic weapons, but I'll get into those later.
Backstory: Born on another plane, a world of super heroes, Vesper had a mostly normal childhood. With the exception that her mother was a hero and father a villain. For most of her life, she watched the two fighting, never able to tell them the identities of their enemies, each other. And then one day she discovered she had powers of her own. Not wanting them, and wanting to avoid a situation where her parents fight over her, She ran away to a city named Avalon Falls. Though a lot was about to happen in Avalon falls that would change her life.

During the events in Avalon falls, a fight breaks out at her school, one that her mother and father are involved in, and she loses her father, igniting her planeswalker spark and sending her to a plane where time doesn't move. A plane where she can travel to other planes at any point in their timeline. She ends up traveling to Kaladesh, a plane of invention. Her story there will be told another time. From it, however, she gains a bit of a grasp on her powers, abd spends a good deal of time there helping rebuild after a revolution she helped fight in. Later, she made an oath to a group called the "Gatewatch", a group who's goal was to protect planes from destruction and other threats to the Multiverse.

It led her here, to a plane that was now a Wasteland. Though it wasn't always this way. She had seen it's past and the beauty of it. It had always had a protector before. A boy in green clothing who would take down the villain. But no such boy had appeared this time. It was her time to investigate.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Name: Evermore
I see what you did there ;)

I like most of the characters. Everyone is approved with the exception of @Pendio - since the cult is a major antagonistic group in the RP, chances are, to be a teammate of the others, she has to either a) change her views of the cult, b) plan to betray the team, or c) be changed. I'll leave it up to you, but that's kinda important.
Also, as an update for Kris, Woyo, and Dom about Libk's character, he's referencing a couple of other RPs that we've played. Gatewatch is here on ZD, though Vesper hasn't joined up yet (y'all should join that one so it's not just me, Storm, and the DM) and Avalon Falls is a website in itself, where most of Vesper's backstory happens.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Hasn't Gatewatch been going for a few months though? It'd be a bit awkward to join. Also, starting tommorow sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom