• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Dystopia RP

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Castle Town, Dismal Territory
Castle Town was once a bustling city - the former capital of a large nation. It was named after the immense structure that sat in the middle of it - a castle. A fortress of stone. It had remained unused for centuries, even before the bombs dropped. Government offices had been moved elsewhere, and the once great towers were instead used as a tourist attraction and museum. But now, it lay in ruins. A tower, once the home to many a magnificent princess, had crumbled, only half the height it once was. The keep was covered in random stones. The remaining locals had used the old throne as a source of fuel, and what was left of the room to live in. The bombs had mercilessly missed this place, all the damage done by nothing but shockwaves and time.
A tall figure, dressed in a black-and-red robe, stands atop a dais in the center of the throne room, not a smile cresting his lips. His followers stand in the room with him, their black robes covering their freezing bodies. They stand their, facing their leader, their master. They silently watch one of his followers bring in a young child, no more than 8, the look on its face pure terror. The boy shivers in the cold, his clothes not protecting against the chilly wind.
Once the boy is in front of him, the man kneels down to look him in the eye. His irises and red. The color of blood. The color of fire. The color of power.
He smiles.

The Water Town of Saria, New Hyrule
Alwin Nutt pushes himself out of the sludge of the swamp. He'd been travelling through there for days, looking for the way out. From the looks of the map, it would only take him a few hours of trudging to cross through, but he was terrible with directions. The town in front of him was but a small village, and had remained unpreturbed by the bombs, but when the government fell, society collapsed inward, even here. No doubt there would be survivors amongst the townsfolk, but he didn't know what state they would be in when he got there.

((If someone wants to, I'll let one person be a companion to Al at the very beginning, and then everyone else can just kinda make their appearances in ways that make sense))

Mido

Version 1
The Water Town of Saria, New Hyrule
"You punk! You think you can steal from us, do 'ya?" a voice growls through a crudely-made mask. The voice belongs to a burly figure, who is accompanied by two equally-large figures. His foot lies firmly on a downed individual, much smaller than the three. The individual in question is Zed Hyllen, an alleged "sneak-thief." Swallowing all his anxiousness, the boy replies:

"Look, i-if we can all just sit back and relax, I'm sure we can all just get along-"

"Sweet talk won't help you, kid. You're going to pay us in blood!" The three figures belt in unison. His nervousness reaching an all-time high, Zed braces himself for the worst beatdown of his life.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Fortress Ruins, Gerudo Valley
Vesper planeswalked into a desert, trying to stay a bit away from civilization for the time being. She was looking around her surroundings, taking a notebook out and reading it. "Gerudo fortress. It's in ruins. These ones were used in the Hero of time era. Well I'm about a day's journey away from Castle town then." She stuck her notebook back into her back pocket. This place wasn't like earth, that's for sure. And it definitely wasn't Kaladesh. She started to walk through the desert, slipping a gauntlet over her arm and adjusting some straps. As she went she started pulling as much moisture out of the air as she could, filing her canteen. It was a bit difficult of a task as deserts were very dry compared to a lot of places, but it was doable. She could feel she was being watched. She felt their fear, their nervousness, their hopelessness as they stood away from her, probably preparing to attack her. She remained calm herself, sure she could overpower the person waiting to strike. And, to make it a little easier, she used her empathy power to make him quite a bit more nervous about the situation.

G

Guest-3

Tanneda roams the valley which was told to once be the beautiful Highrule Field. It wasn't that great now, though. She was trudging through shoulder high grass, surely it couldn't be too far to an open field? Tanneda internally sighs, deciding to pull the grass out by the roots to make a small area in which she would sleep. As she pulls the grass, she finds a rather large carrot. Smiling, she puts it to the side for dinner.

Pen

The game is on!
Labyrinthal Tunnels, Death Mountain
"You can run, but you can never hide!" Donna shouts at a man that she is chasing through the long and winding caves of Death Mountain. As the man runs around a corner, Donna stops running after him and lets him escape out of her line of sight. The man keeps running further and after a while notices that he's been able to shake off his pursuer. He stops to catch his breath, but then he realizes that he's lost. He had been chased so deep into the tunnels that he no longer had any idea where he was or how he would be able to find his way out. He felt sure that he'd successfully escaped his pursuer though. As he starts looking around for a way out he encounters a very small robotic ball that hovers toward him in a complete soundless manner. Not knowing what it is he carefully steps closer to it, but a moment later he is hit in the shoulder by a rope dart, which makes him fall to the ground in pain. The rope dart is pulled back to Donna.

"I told you you can't hide from me. Say hello to my little assistant here," She gestures to the hovering little robot ball. "I think of it as my third eye, and I value it as such. Now, I'm gonna have to bring you with me to my superiors." Donna ties the man's hands together with rope, and then his feet.

"Please, don't take me!" the man yells in panic. "Please! They're just using you for their own gain! Please don't do thi..." Donna then ties a piece of cloth around his mouth to shut him up. She then takes him out of the caves and puts him on her motorcycle, back to back with herself who is driving it. She then rides with her captive down the mountain and in the direction of the dismal territory.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Water Town of Saria, New Hyrule

Bang! Bang!

Kiran pulls the trigger twice and the two henchman fall before Zed. He jumps off a rooftop and lands behind the leader. He grabs him by the back of his shirt and tosses him face first into a patch of mud. "Pick on someone your own size!" He says in a gravely voice. He turns to Zed, "Those were some dangerous men, what did you do to get entangled with them?" He efficiently reloads his rifle and then slings it over his back with a shoulder strap.

Mido

Version 1
The next thing Zed knows upon bracing himself intensely is that the masked figures, each one, is down for the count. He soon comes to his senses, but not before uttering a sigh of relief. He then notices another man, proud in demeanor and well-postured. Glancing almost exaggeratedly back and forth between the downed individuals and the triumphant man, he realizes that the man saved his skin. Approaching the stranger, he shrugs his shoulders, and follows with putting his hands behind his head coupled with a sly grin.

"Oh, them? I assure you it was all just a misunderstanding. There I was, minding my own business, when these guys tried to jump me! The nerve! Anyways, thanks for the assist," Zed slightly bows. His thanks is genuine, but his expression gives him up easily. He clearly did something to tick off the felled attackers.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Vesper continued on, awaiting the eventual ambush attempt. It seemed like it was taking a lot longer to happen than she would have expected, but as she cane to the bridge that marked the border between Hyrule field and Gerudo Valley, she understood. The emotions of many could be felt in the distance. A lot of confidence and pride amount the group. She counted 5 or 6 different people, she couldn't get an exact number. She still wasn't that great with her powers but she had done a lot of work with them over the past 7 years. She walked forward, turning her gauntlet on. Electricity making a quick spark in her palm. She felt the fear in the one following her rise. She smiled.

There was a group of men, standing on the bridge. 4 of them all in a line. Some of them had guns while other carried rather painful looking blades of various sizes. The one was telling a story about someone he had robbed as they tried to cross the bridge, the one emenatimg the most confidence. This one had to be the leader. They didn't immediately notice her walking towards the bridge, but when they did, they turned around. The leader spoke. "Hey there sugar. What's a beautiful young lady like you doin 'round here? Not getting in ta any trouble is ya? Or uh... would ya like to get into some trouble?" He winked as he finished his statement abd the rest of his idiots laughed. Vesper joined in on the laughter. "Hey! What are ya laughin at?"

Vesper could feel his anger, and all it did was widen her smile. "Look guys. I know why you're here. Trying to make a quick buck off of someone weaker. I get it. You've got to do what you can to survive. I'll make a deal with you. You guys let me pass, and I won't send you all into the river, on your way to Lake Hylia."

They all laughed at her. "What's yous gonna do to us, sugar. We ain't fraid of ya. Besides, we has plans for people who threaten us." The leader whistled and from cliff, the main who was tailing her leaped down and tried to attack her. She stopped him by grabbing his face with her gauntlet, then she shocked him, making him scream in pain and fall to the ground. He wasn't dead. Just knocked out. The laughter stopped and she felt a surge of anger in all of them. "Hey! What'd ya do to Jimmy? You ain't kill him did ya?"

"Jimmy is fine." Vesper responded. "Now, I'm going to make my offer again... do you accept?"

The leader gritted his teeth "Come on boys. Get her" He yelled and they all began to attack her. Two of them charged with their knives while the others were lining up shots. The first guy lunged at her and she grabbed his wrist with her gauntlet hand, her other hand commanding the water in her canteen to come out and disarm the second melee attacker. A could of shots were fired and she twisted the arm of the one she grabbed, putting him in front of the shots. She then started walking forward, amplifying the fear the second attacker now felt, and then tazing him as she walked by him.

The leader and the last lackey took a couple more shots at her, missing most of them but she froze one bullet before it hit her. She was on the bridge with them now and they both pulled out knives. As they ran towards her, Vesper moved water from the river below, blasting them off the side of the bridge and into the water. They screamed as they fell, she heard the splash. "Well I hope you guys enjoy the lake. I'm not sure what it's like these days. Send me a post card?" She giggled a little bit, then rushed back to the one who was shot. She leaned down over him, took off her gauntlet, then layer her hands on him. He was groaning in pain, he probably had a broken wrist in addition to the gun wounds. "Look, I'm sorry about using you as a shield. But you guys really shouldn't be picking on people you understand?" She started healing his injuries, the wounds sealing themselves up, she heard bones snapping back into place, all fixing itself correctly. "When your buddies get back, let them know that. And if I catch you guys here again, I'm not going to be so nice. Well... Good night" She said the last thing cheerfully as she finished healing him, then proceeded to knock him out.

Vesper got up, dusted her clothing off, and continued on her way. This little fight took more time than she wanted it to, but it was unavoidable it seemed. If she was lucky she could still make it before nightfall.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Latch takes a sip from his flask, then grimaces. "Ugh. Swamp water." He decides to go look for an inn, hopefully somewhere with decent food and drink.

G

Guest-3

Tanneda is startled awake by the sound of two gunshots. She quickly picks up her things and begins running towards the sounds. Where there were guns, there were people, and where there were people, there was food, and she was in desperate need of that.

Mido

Version 1
Zed's facial expression goes from sly to defeated almost instantaneously. He had been caught. Out of his pocket, he pulls out a small bag containing a modest amount of rupees. In modern times, paper currency became more common, but strangely enough, the currency in the bag was indeed the original product.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Al nods, "Yeah. I'll be glad to get some fresh water... hell, even this river is probably fresher than what we've got," he empties his own bottle and goes to fill up in the river. Capping it off, he takes a long drink. So clean, so sweet. That's when he heard the gunshots, causing him to jump a little and spill water all over himself.
Great. It was one of those towns.
Al straightens himself up and ignores the wet clothes, "Let's go see what's going on..." he gestures to Latch, then heads for the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom