• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How many times did you defeat Calamity Ganon?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So as usual we're able to beat the final Boss again and again. Just as many times as we want to. I have played the final battle against Ganondorf a lot of times in previous zelda games. But with BotW I only fought him once and that was it. I don't feel the desire or rush to beat him again like I had in other Zelda games. So what about you? Have you beaten the crap out of him so badly he gets tired to see you coming at him again? Or did you only beat him once?

I visit the castle a lot, but I haven't fought Calamity that much. I only completed the full fight (Dark Beast Ganon) once, and I was going to go do the true ending like a week or so ago but I was forced to stop the Dark Beast Ganon fight blah blah blah maybe some other time. I normally stop the fight before Calamity Ganon is defeated, like when he's down to a sliver of health, because cutscenes mostly. Started the fight with him like four or five times I think, but I only actually defeated him twice. Dark Beast Ganon once.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just the once. I didn't get the same joy from it as I do fighting Ganon/dorf in the other 3D games, the build up isn't there, no epic cutscene before the fight to get you in the mood and the fight itself just isn't as fun as other Ganons. So one beating will do.

I've taken him out three times.

First- to end the story

Second- got too close to the Sanctum while looking for the Gate of Time easter egg

Third- i rememberd the Switch had a screenshot button so i abused it in the final cutscenes

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Only once. I enjoyed it a lot and I thought it was a really epic battle, but even in past Zelda games I don't feel much motivation for going back and fighting the final boss. I rarely ever go back to fight Ganon again after I beat the game, and BotW is no exception. It's not that I don't like to fight him, I just... like the sense of completeness I get from the first victory, I guess. Besides, I'm having plenty of fun amusing myself in the game as is. However, I have recently thought about going back to fight him with only the Master Sword equipped and see how well I do.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Once. I beat the living Jesus out of him on the first try, and don't feel the need to do it again, unlike TP Ganondorf (Just for the Swordfight) because that fight (although easy as ****) is cool.

I'm still trying to 100% my first playthrough of Breath of The Wild (With as little guide help as possible), so I don't see another fight coming soon.

Well, technically, I fought him twice, but only because my game froze the first time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom