• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you answer people who says "Video games makes you stupid"?

Cruella de vil seems to think it makes your brain rot when she met Roger who is a video game developer or something in the live action movie. Never bothered to watch the cartoon movie it looks awful. But its from 1996 i think. Its basically when she visits Anita and then sorta insults him by "Oh wow what, to make more kids brains rot" or something. I can't find the movie clip though i just remember she said something like this.

Either way i tend to think she's somewhat correct for an evil person. But then again now we have Facebook and sensational journalists and tabloid newspapers each day to do it for us. Ironic how parents in the 90s complained about kids using video games only to now be using Facebook. Hypocrites if you ask me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
In Theory: Ask them about games like Brain Age or Big Brain Academy, which are meant to make you smarter, or at least make your brain work better. Then talk about how people used to say the same about television.
In Practice: "Ha ha, you're funny"

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I respond with, "If I didn't play videogames I wouldn't be as intelligent", most of the games I play teach me vocabulary and sometimes history. To understand the mechanics, and I do, you need to know a lot of math. Logic games gave me critical thinking and problem solving. My grades don't reflect this, but I never did my homework.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I moon them and give 'em a nice shiner for insulting my beloved. Mark my words: you will NEVER insult video games in my face and excape unscatched.

Here is XXX stactistic showing how video games helps people improve in YYY ways.

Unless they further respond with more facts, conversation over.

Two options...
If I'm playing something at the time, I'll often use it as an example of the complex mechanics/puzzles involved in gaming, typically making them feel stupid when they can't figure it out.
The rest of the time, I tend to just point out that I have a Master's degree in architecture despite spending most of my spare time gaming... they can't really argue against that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom