• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How and why do guardians decay?

Is it through just not being used for 100 years?
We know it's not through being defeated as they explode upon defeat so there is nothing left to decay. Did the guardians that durvived the battle 100 years ago, some of them just decay through not being in use or something?

I am just a little confused as to why and how this happens. Maybe someone here can answer this.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Maybe movement is essential for a Guardian to keep its machinery going, while Guardians that lose their legs in battle over time also get bugged down or something?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
we actually see in one of the memories that Zelda has the power to disable them when she saves link from dying to them

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
we actually see in one of the memories that Zelda has the power to disable them when she saves link from dying to them
That doesn't really explain the ones outside of that specific area, though.

Honestly it probably is due to movement. Every decayed Guardian we see has no legs. They get stuck there and they get exposed to the elements, unable to move. There are some Guardians in desolate places like Hebra that have their legs but aren't moving until we get close to them. I think that since there's not much going on in these places, nothing for them to chase down etc, they just kind of hibernate until something gets close, just like decayed Guardians. I think that these Guardians are likely close to becoming decayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom