• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Reconnected With Someone After Years of Not Talking to Them?

Earlier this week, I got a text from someone I met at my university orientation 10 years ago. We took some classes together from 2013-2015, but then he switched schools, and I didn't hear much from him.

We ended up doing a follow-up phone call and talking for a good 40 minutes. It was nice to hear where he had ended up. He was originally an English/communications double major, but he ended up switching to cybersecurity. We also talked about some recent movies like John Wick and the upcoming Indiana Jones. It was a great chance to catch up.

Have you ever had an experience where either someone you knew from years back reached out to you or you reached out to them to catch up? How did it go?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I have one friend who I've known since I was a kid, she didn't go to my school so I didn't see her much. I also didn't talk to her much for years because A. I lose her number a lot B. I didn't have a cell phone or wifi until a couple years ago and C. We were both busy with school. She ended up texting me a happy birthday earlier this year and since then we've been hanging out every couple weeks. Going to see her on Monday.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
one of my mates is someone from school that i messaged remembering randomly that she likes eurovison and it was near eurovision time so i was hey eurovisions on soon and we got chatting again...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I can’t really think of any specific examples. Usually when I drift apart from someone that’s the end of it and I never really go back and try and reconnect.

I guess with ZD though I have been absent multiple times for a couple of years and when I came back I started talking to old friends occasionally.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Sometimes, and when it happens it's usually pleasant.

But I've had a few try to rope me into their multi-level marketing schemes, which are always a bad investment.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
He was originally an English/communications double major, but he ended up switching to cybersecurity
That's insane.

I reconnected with a friend from 8th grade and we hit it off immediately lmao. We ranted why mid anime like Naruto and Demon Slayer overshadowing the good ones. How HxH is peak, UFC and many other stuff. We actually had more in common than what I thought back then lol

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I’ve done this quite a number of times - especially when traveling it is always nice to reach out and reconnect with people who you’ve not spoken to in a long time.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Ha ha NO... because if I ever stopped talking to them, there very likely was a major issue that could not be fixed, or they were not willing to talk about it like adults... so I stopped talking to them. Me being LGBT tends to upset people, & they're not willing to grow & accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom