• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

Tristan: His play seems very town like to me given how he usually sits back more when he is scum so he'a my strongest town read right now.

Minish: I haven't been playing much attention to the game to be completely honest but I feel like she's been playing it alittle safe (I'm going to read over the thread again so this isn't a set in stone opinion. Also the third vote against Mido felt more like a bandwagon that time. Tristan seems to think she's town so I'm going to give the an OK at this point

That leaves Libk and Johnny and I feel that Libk is town due to his final exchange with Jamie

I knew it.
Vote: Jamie

This posts genuinely pisses me off. My play on day 1 had absolutely nothing to do with my alignment and I would have played the exact same way regardless. So stop it.

Anyway, I blew this game for my squad by lynching ALIT, he pointed out how I was a likely pick for reveal after I had already lynched him and I wasn't thinking about that. I told him I'd take full blame for the loss if we lose so here I am. Hopefully our remaining scum member can survive but it's very unlikely at this point.

Pro Tip for the future for everyone though, I'm better at town than scum lol.

Vote: Jamie

This seems like a slip on Jamies part. While it may of been a planned play I feel that knowing Jamie, Libks comment would of genuinely upset him. It seems to me that Jamie was saying there was no way Libk could of known that he was Mafia which would mean that Libks town. What do you guys think of this?

That leaves Johnny, I didn't like how he disagreed with Tristans plan on the no lynch and I don't like how the next day he changed his mind easily and said that the no lynch was the best option. With Tristan, Minish and Libk seeming town to me that leaves Johnny as scum.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This seems like a slip on Jamies part. While it may of been a planned play I feel that knowing Jamie, Libks comment would of genuinely upset him. It seems to me that Jamie was saying there was no way Libk could of known that he was Mafia which would mean that Libks town. What do you guys think of this?

To me, it feels almost forced. Jamie is emotional when he plays because he's big on winning the game. I think he and Libk knew this and played off of something more innocuous that was stated at the beginning of the game. Mafia members cast suspicion on each other all the time in the early game because that's the easiest point to do it. I see it as something that Libk wanted to use and play off of. I also know, based on games I've modded with Jamie as scum, that Jamie isn't beyond hamming it up for the sake of the team. So I could see this as Libk being scum.

As far as my flip flop, I took a step back to look at the situation. I personally thought that pushing for a scum in the same day as getting the reveal would have been better because it would have clinched the game. Obviously that was the wrong idea, because how Mido ultimately flipped. I decided to vote because I went back and looked at Tristan's statement and decided for the sake of making a safe play, rather than a reckless one, it would be smarter to not vote.

D

Deleted member 14134

Also technically without the night kill if Tristan and Minish are town is really shouldn't matter what order Libk Johnny and I get voted out since town will win either way. I don't want to give Minish and Tristan a free pass just yet but I think they're the ones people are leaning the most town towards. Also Johnny I'll consider what you said, I want to hear some other peoples opinions on Jamies exchange with Libk first.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
That seems like quite a bit of a stretch to me, honestly. Just seems like you're fishing abd don't really have much. Jamie's day 1 play was suspicious to me, mostly because he even participated in day 1. In a game about expectations, he did something that stood out and that's what made me feel he was scum. But Jamie is hard to lynch so seeing the loyalist flip gave me that sense of "Ha!" I got excited. Btw, Jamie, if you're still reading I do apologize. I didn't mean it in a way to be rude.

Btw, botw is really fun. Keeps distracting me from a lot of things. Here, rps, I'm supposed to make someone a magic deck too.

Oh and I don't mind if we kill Johnny today. I think his defense is a bit weak. And we can take me out tomorrow if we're wrong.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Johnny Sooshi (2): Bok of the Wild, Libk
Not Voting (3): Tristan, Minish_Link, Johnny Sooshi

Day 6 will end at 1pm PST (aroumd 2 hours from now) on Sunday, March 5, 2017. With 5 alive, 3 is majority.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@DekuNut You forgot to put Johnny under not voting in the latest vote count :P

Anyway Bok, I don't think what you posted really solidifies Libk as town, and there is one more recent thing he's said that just made him climb drastically up my scum list.

Oh and I don't mind if we kill Johnny today. I think his defense is a bit weak. And we can take me out tomorrow if we're wrong.
The bolded part here is 100% unnecessary. There is no reason to say something like this. This just reeks as someone trying to say something that might make them look more town. Saying something like this is an attempt to make people think that they actually shouldn't lynch you, since it looks like something a townie would say, to assure that you don't get lynched. On the contrary, it makes you look more suspicious than ever. The day is over (looks like I came in 13 minutes too late) so Johnny is dying, which I'm ok with, but if it wasn't late in the day, I might've considered actually voting for Libk instead, just because of this one statement. I don't like it at all.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Johnny Sooshi (2): Bok of the Wild, Libk
Not Voting (3): Tristan, Minish_Link, JohnnySooshi

Johnny Sooshi has been lynched

People had grown quiet. After the sudden lynch of Jamie and the surprise reveal of Mido as a courtier, people were pensieve in thought.
At the end of the day, they decided on Johnny. The other 4 surrounder him solemnly. Johnny looked down, not even meeting their eyes. He knew what was happening.
Johnny reached into his pocket, pulling out the bloodsoaked flag that hed taken from A Link in Time's body. His tears begin to fall, dotting the cloth.
"I'm sorry," he whispers, barely audible.
"You should be," Bok tells him. He raises a blade to behead Johnny.
"Stop," Minish_Link steps forward, putting a hand on Bok's blade, "Allow me. Its only fitting," she takes out her own sword and approaches Johnny, "You betrayed your people. You betrayed your country. You betrayed your king.... and my father," with a single swing, she disconnected Johnny's head from his shoulders. She turns around to look at everyone else, who were bowing. Bowing to their new, rightful monarch.
She smiles. Its over. Its all over.

Johnny Sooshi was a Conspirator

The Living (4):
The Dead (5):

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
gg Johnny, you tried.

I have to say, aside from the inactivity, this was a great game and super fun to play. Thanks, @DekuNut for hosting, and good job to everybody because I think everyone played well this time around!

Also @Libk, nice shot targeting Jamie. Good that you didn't trust him from Day 1, this game could've ended differently.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I chose Jamie because I honestly feel he's too experienced to not notice how close someone is being put as a result of his vote. This coupled with the fact that he was 3rd on the wagon, which people always talk about being a suspicious spot and likely to have scum in, made me feel that he had to be scum. After ALIT was lynched I considered it was probable that he chose Jamie as a scum bud, but I had already chosen him as my loyalist target so there was no point in pursuing him. I didn't mean to sound like a dick saying "I knew it" But I felt I had him. I mean, even him posting on day 1 had me worried because he really doesn't like day 1. For him to join in on an rvs wagon wad odd. If we had lynched him instead of pendio, I would have targeted Pendio, much for the awareness reason. I think Pendio is too good to be unaware like he was, but as it turns out, I was wrong about Pendio.

So Jamie, I'm sorry. I got excited, but your day 1 did stand out as odd to me. I really didn't mean to piss you off

GG everyone. Good shot, Libk. Perhaps I shouldn't have chosen Jamie and Johnny since they would have been suspected if they were alive so long. Anyhow, I don't think it would have made much of a difference as I never expected Pendio to die on Day 1, hence me choosing him as a target.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
GG everyone. Good shot, Libk. Perhaps I shouldn't have chosen Jamie and Johnny since they would have been suspected if they were alive so long. Anyhow, I don't think it would have made much of a difference as I never expected Pendio to die on Day 1, hence me choosing him as a target.
Just out of curiosity, who was your other target?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Good game guys and thanks for hosting a neat set-up, DekuNut.

Sorry for holding the game up and making day 4 begin a little late. I had been checking the thread without being logged in so I didn't realize DekuNut had messaged me about choosing to revive someone.

Good job with your choice Libk. I think this game would have been a lot harder without that reveal. Though Johnny did do a really good job on his own at the end.

Hopefully I do better next game. I felt a little off this time, but I still had a lot of fun!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I chose Jamie because I honestly feel he's too experienced to not notice how close someone is being put as a result of his vote. This coupled with the fact that he was 3rd on the wagon, which people always talk about being a suspicious spot and likely to have scum in, made me feel that he had to be scum. After ALIT was lynched I considered it was probable that he chose Jamie as a scum bud, but I had already chosen him as my loyalist target so there was no point in pursuing him. I didn't mean to sound like a dick saying "I knew it" But I felt I had him. I mean, even him posting on day 1 had me worried because he really doesn't like day 1. For him to join in on an rvs wagon wad odd. If we had lynched him instead of pendio, I would have targeted Pendio, much for the awareness reason. I think Pendio is too good to be unaware like he was, but as it turns out, I was wrong about Pendio.

So Jamie, I'm sorry. I got excited, but your day 1 did stand out as odd to me. I really didn't mean to piss you off
Dead serious, I would have played exactly the same on day 1 regardless. That's the only thing that bugs me. My day 1 play had nothing to do with my role.

Either way I royally ****ed this game for scum. Was not focused enough on roles to realize I'd probably be offed day 4 and so bussing was completely pointless, forgot about the death day 4 too. Just really ****ed up, I'll play better next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom