• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Got stuck in an endless battle

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Just wondering who else this has happened to because this was my first experience but basically I've only just started moon and I had Munchlax at the top of my party so he could use hold back to help catch new pokemon. Anyway I got onto route 2 and entered the first battle. Unfortunately the opponent used a ghastly which meant all munchlax normal moves didn't effect it and I was unable to switch him out for someone else... but ghastly wasn't using and damage causing moves either!!! This mean I was stuck in a battle for 30 mins until someone ran out of pp and they could use struggle. I know it's long winded and hope it makes sense but has this happened to anyone else?

In the case that neither Pokemon can harm the other, and neither can switch out, the only option is to wait until your PP for all your moves equals zero and one Pokemon eventually kills itself.

I've never seen it in-game, although it's possible to cause a true endless battle in simulators like Showdown.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Yes the Ghastly had used mean loo so I couldn't swap it out. I like to think I'm better at the game than not knowing I could change mid battle. My pokemon had 4 moves all high PP and guessing by how long the Ghastly took to run out of moves so did it so the battle just went on and on.... and that was only on route 2!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom