• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goddess of Time

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
When there are 3 pieces, the triangle is able to grant the wishes of whoever touches it, which in the past has wiped out a Kingdom, and completely warped an entire world. Were it not for the seal in place, would have warped two. I am unsure what this mythical fourth piece could provide to what is often described as a complete Triforce that the standard 3 pieces cannot. Nor what that fourth piece would represent (as time would come under the order/laws of the world would it not?). Nor what the Goddess/God/deity behind this piece provided to the world, as life, law and creation are already covered. Or why it's even deemed necessary to have such a thing.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Think of it this way...Many pagan religions have main Gods/Goddesses and with those come sub-gods/goddesses. I wouldn't doubt that Hyrule has the same idea. Of course we don't know too much about their religion to say so, but it would only make sense. So, in accordance to Skyward Sword we know that there is ONE main Goddess so far, as in the trailers and in the gameplay videos we see Ghirahim talking about "the goddess".

So I think of it this way. Goddess (unnamed) > Din, Nayru, Farore > Goddess of Sand, Goddess of Time. To make this clearer, think of Ancient Greek Mythology where at first you had the Titans that were the main deities before the Olympian Gods/Goddesses came to be. When the Great War commenced, the Olympians usurped the Titans, thus becoming the main gods/goddesses of Ancient Greece. So then now we have the 12 MAIN Gods/Goddesses that comprise of Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Dionysus, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Hermes. In accordance to this, there are sub gods of Greek Mythology. There are many so i'll just name some: Aeolus, Harmonia, Deimos etc, etc.

So I wouldn't doubt that the Hylians have a religion similar to Greek Mythology, where they know of minor goddesses but really only praise Din, Nayru, and Farore. Also think of Judaism, Catholicism and Islam where people worship ONE central God, but have major/minor prophets or deities. Examples of this are Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed. All in the all, the Goddess of Time could very well be a minor goddess :)

I hope this helped.

T

tりふぉrせほlでr

It's probaly another goddess entirely because in OoT the great Deku tree says"three goddess decended upon the chaos that was hyrule" so maybe the goddess of time sent them there.

I think the godess of time is some higher being than the Din, Nayru and Farore, because her powers are both in hyrule and Termina, unlike the three golden ones, who only created hyrule

Ice Sage

these are words
I belive that the goddess of time is a minor goddess. There is proof that Hyrule has major and minor goddesses and gods. In wind waker there are two frog wind gods that were never mentioned in the triforce creation story.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There are more deities than the three goddesses that created Hyrule. Like the wind gods in WW. And the ambiguous word "gods" that's constantly referred to throughout the series. And there is a new one in SS that guards Skyloft. And there are the guardian deities in the games. All this to say, just because there is another goddess mentioned doesn't mean she has anything to do with the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
There are more deities than the three goddesses that created Hyrule. Like the wind gods in WW. And the ambiguous word "gods" that's constantly referred to throughout the series. And there is a new one in SS that guards Skyloft. And there are the guardian deities in the games. All this to say, just because there is another goddess mentioned doesn't mean she has anything to do with the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce.

This sounds about right to me.

T

Tsukasa112

Of course, there could be a fourth Goddess, analog to the four Giants of Termina. Is it coincidence that there is a gap in the shape of a fourth triangle in the middle of the Triforce, or has there been one piece missing from the start?

I Don't understand why people believe that means anything; Ever think Nintendo just designed the Triforce with a gap in the middle to look awesome? Cause they succeeded.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I Don't understand why people believe that means anything; Ever think Nintendo just designed the Triforce with a gap in the middle to look awesome? Cause they succeeded.
The makers of a lot of the Zelda games are mostly Asian. The shape that the triforce is in is a symbol that's been used in Japan for hundreds of years. They just used it again for the Triforce. Then some egghead comes along not knowing that there was already a symbol like this and says hey, there's a piece missing. Then other eggheads join him and start to come up with a theory.
Now people who know that there is no fourth piece, and people who even know that the triforce is only a japanese symbol start believing them too.

I've also heard a theory that the fourth piece isn't a piece that fits in the center, but the triangle that is made when all three come together to make one. The goddess responsible for this triangle helps the other three work together and is a combination of the three goddesses. I believe this in a sense. I know that the shape of the triforce was an old Japanese symbol so I don't believe the fourth piece fits in the center. I believe that the fourth piece is the resulting triangle of the other three coming together. What I mean by I believe this in a sense is that the Triforce seems incable of granting Ganon's wish in every game but always capable of granting Link's wish so there has to be some other force that's making the wishes either complete or incomplete.

T

Twilight Comet

I might get some unpositive feedback on this but I think the Hyrulean gods are somewhat like Greek or Roman Gods. Maybe There are other gods besides the three that created Hyrule. Personaly I think it might be the mother of these three goddeses, that's how Nayru inherited the trait of Time from this goddes of time but not fully posses total control over it. Like how Nayru could change time but not make it go faster or slow it down in OoA.

In a lot of Zelda games, it says if all of the triangles of the Triforce are reunited, the person with a pure heart can make a wish. In ALttP, Link makes a wish with the tToP, tToW and tToC. I do not believe there is a fourth goddess. Like everyone has said, Nayru could be the GoT. Think about, Din created the world, Nayru created the elements, physics and properties of the world like the sky, time, oxygen ect. Farore created the plants, animals, monsters and people. It would make more sense if Nayru was also the Goddess of Time since she made the world balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom