• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Geek spasms

Geek spasms is my term for that moment when youre playing or watching something of a series that is important to you when something major happens and you lose your mind and sometimes literally spasm.

This happens in stores too, like you find a rare game youve been after for ages on a store shelf or you see some sweet new merchandise.

My most recent geek spasms have all been Zelda related with the Breath of the Wild trailers.

But one of my favourite spasms was in Evangelion 2.22 when Unit 1 triggers another impact. That sudden halo gave me chills, i knew what it meant, i knew what was gonna happen, this film was gonna take it all the way and oh my god the chaos and the implications and the oh my godness of it all...... ahem....

Anyway. When was the last time you geek spasmed and which have been memorable?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Pretty much any iconic geek cultural moment from movies and video games.

Gandalf facing down the balrog. The moment he turns and yells "YOU CANNOT PASS!" *instantly wet*
The whole 15 minutes of death star run. That scene is the most climatic ever conceived. Nerd chills and spasms the whole time. The showdown between Luke and Vader in Empire is super effective!
Just hearing the first few notes of any song from Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess gets the juices flowing.
"YIPPIE KAY YAY MOTHER@#$%!"
Oh and any sound effect or audio bite or visual or music track from Myst or Riven. I have a seriously unhealthy love affair with those games.

Lilith

Hypostasis of the Archons
When by chance I stumble upon a cool utility for Linux that I've sorta had an idea for in the back of my mind. For example, a universal everything-launcher is an idea I'd always thought would be mega useful and then just recently I found out there's an active project for one that works really well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom