• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games we didnt ask for

whenever you talk about games no one asked for you gotta bring up FFXIII-II and III.... :P

We asked for a wii Zelda game. Honestly they couldn't have really made anything better for the wii without it feeling like a repeat of an older game.
They really could have; SS took the formula of the past 3D Zelda games and stripped it down to the point where it was just bones. There was little to no exploration, every area was made in a linear path, and most people that I've met who have played the game completely hated the motion control (though some do like it.)

Did anyone genuinely want Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? Doubt it. Maybe they wanted another Mario Tennis 64 or Power Tennis type game, but not this massively cut down filler game.

And well, absolutely NO ONE wanted Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts as it is now. As a 3D platformer called Banjo-Threeie? Yeah, lots of people wanted that one. But not a vehicle building game that mocks the originals and calls them 'too outdated' for today's gaming audiences.

Oh, and Young Conker. Just look at the dislikes on the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeOYi3Be5Y

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
They really could have; SS took the formula of the past 3D Zelda games and stripped it down to the point where it was just bones. There was little to no exploration, every area was made in a linear path, and most people that I've met who have played the game completely hated the motion control (though some do like it.)
I guess I'm one of those few who would disagree with you. I don't mind linearity and I loved the motion controls. :/

Did anyone genuinely want Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? Doubt it.
Did we ask for X type of game. In this case yes a few people did want a new Mario Tennis game. I certainly did. I loved Power Tennis and wanted a WiiU sequel. The WiiU game turned out to be so bad I didn't buy it. If I'm saying that, it has to be bad. I actually did pre-order Ultra-Smash and then cancelled the pre-order. I'd glad I did. If I can get the game for $20 on sale I'll get it. But otherwise it'll stay on the shelves for me.

People did want a WiiU Mario Tennis game. The game just happened to be so bad no one bought it.

Animal Crossing Happy Amiibo Festival - take away the fact that the game is pure garbage, no one even wanted this concept. Something like the Mario game Fortue/Boom Street is a way better game. An Animal Crossing borard game. No one wanted it. A terrible concept.

Splatoon - Lets ask for a family friendly overly bright and colour saturated shooting game to be made said no one ever apart from Nintendo. No one was asking for this concept before it came out. It turned out to be an amazing concept though, done very well. Proof that just because no one is asking for a concept, that doesn't mean the idea is bad. New ideas can be good as well.

WarioWare Inc. - Another concept no one asked for. In the games it's done well, it works and has had moderate success.

star fox zero in being a reboot
I among other people craved a new star fox game,but they did the one thing I prayed to jebus they wouldn't do, and that's reboot it, and used 3ds voice cast at that
What would have been better?

Starfox 64 / Lylat Wars HD (with the SNES game there remade as well).

I'll say my opinion here, and that's that Star Fox would be better if it stopped trying to remake the past and moved on.

Cause in the series we have:

One original game on SNES
One semi remake on N64
An adventure game which is Star Fox in name only
One or two Star Fox games that aren't great but do at least move the story along
A remake of the N64 game for 3DS
Star Fox Zero, which is basically a reboot/reimagining of the original or N64 game for Wii U

It's like they can't figure out where to take the story or how to add more original ideas into the series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
of course not, we already have 64 3d so making another remake would be just as redundant as zero
how about an actual sequel instead? one that fixes and expands what assault did while still continuing the narrative

what I personally had in mind was a prequel where you play as james mccloud's star fox and see what lead to his demise, but honestly, anything other than another 64 retread

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
to be honest, I think the new mario game was made mostly to revive the mario chain.. cause after mariomaker the overall mario concept is abandoned.....
mario maker is kinda that one mariogame you will never be able to finish regardless how hard you try.. because, as long as people still do play and upload courses to the game...... you will still be dealing with that... the only disadvantage is that the game has zero story compared to the mainstream mariogames..... Im still hoping for a new mariokart however...

triforce heroes was welcome on my behalf... aswell as hyrule warriors.....
I really wanted a hyrule warriors sequel..... but I was bummed when I found out they made it on the 3ds... because I would truly adore another hyrule warriors game being playable on the wiiu or on a console for tv gameplay. it also makes multiplay more fun that way.... atleast imo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom