• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games we didnt ask for

Gamers can be a demanding lot, some demands are just impossible for developers to pull off well or at all, whereas its a wonder why other demands arent met at all despite sales figures...

Nintendo recently, have been giving us games we didnt ask for (as have other developers but Nintendo are on a roll).

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Paper Mario Colour Splash
Chibi Robo Zip Lash
Tri Force Heroes
And arguably Pikmin 3ds

These are all games most people didnt ask for. Its odd that these games exist when Nintendo know what their fans are crying out for.

A sequel to Thousand Year Door would go down a storm, as would a home console Animal Crossing community game and a home console Metroid actually featuring Samus would all sell well.

Yet.... they arent here. Tri Force Heores is... but not F Zero 3DX.

What other games out there exist for no other reason than to dilute franchises and leave loyal fans asking why?

Which games exist that you didnt ask for?

Most video games that have been released to date

i have never asked for a video game to be made except for a canon official Hyrule: Total War

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Just because you didn't ask for it doesn't mean you didn't want it. I can't speak for some of these games, since I haven't played them, but be honest, did you ask for Ocarina of Time? Did you ask for Street Fighter? What's a game you actually asked for?
Game designers usually make games based on two things:
They want to make that game;
They're paid to make that game

Indy games are a better example of the first, but it still happens. Link's Awakening began as a project some of the designers were doing in their spare time for fun, and it became one of the deepest stories in the franchise and arguably brought life to handheld gaming. Nobody asked for it and we all loved it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just because you didn't ask for it doesn't mean you didn't want it. I can't speak for some of these games, since I haven't played them, but be honest, did you ask for Ocarina of Time? Did you ask for Street Fighter? What's a game you actually asked for?
Game designers usually make games based on two things:
They want to make that game;
They're paid to make that game

Indy games are a better example of the first, but it still happens. Link's Awakening began as a project some of the designers were doing in their spare time for fun, and it became one of the deepest stories in the franchise and arguably brought life to handheld gaming. Nobody asked for it and we all loved it.

What we mean by didn't ask for is didn't want and still don't or that we wished that those games had never released to stain the series name.

I add another name to my list. Tri Force Heroes!

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Is the OP referring to games that may not have necessarily been in demand? I think secretly we all want more zelda games but something like animal crossing is a bit more out there

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Well then Zelda 2. If there's any argument for going back and removing a game from history, it's the blemish on an otherwise perfect series. I'll take TFH a hundred times before I take Zelda 2 again.
Also my point is still valid. XD

Well then Zelda 2. If there's any argument for going back and removing a game from history, it's the blemish on an otherwise perfect series. I'll take TFH a hundred times before I take Zelda 2 again.

Zelda 2 looks odd nowadays because of comparison. When it was released there was no "Zelda formula" or ideals of how a Zelda game "should" be made, case in point, it was a rather popular game back then.

There's no game I specifically asked for and no game I wish wasn't made or something like that, because just because something isn't my cup of tea it doesn't mean other people didn't enjoy them.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Bomber Man act Zero. It's still weird that this game exists.
I actually liked that game. Well, almost. The gameplay was awesome and it felt like playing a classic Bomberman. It's biggest downfall was that multiplayer was limited to one player per console, which killed it. If my brothers and I could have played 4 player online versus other teams, like was advertised, it would have been awesome. Unfortunately the single player was limited and you couldn't save your progress, so both parts of the game were broken. I don't wish it to be unmade, I just wish it was made better.

I like Zelda 2. It is not as hard as people say it is. If you find it hard, you are playing it wrong.

Triforce Heros was fun, I liked it, but it is my least favorite mainline Zelda game. I hope they do not revisit this and just stick to Four Swords if Nintendo wants to do a multiplayer game. FSA was infinitly better executed IMO in terms of gameplay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Tri force heroes. I'm quite disappointed that they made a multiplayer zelda over another single player one. Feels like a wasted opportunity and I won't ever be picking up that game.

Federation Force. Seems like a slap in the face to metroid fans that after years of asking for a new game they make a game that has nothing to do with it and slap on metroids skin and name because they know fan boys will buy it anyways.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I agree. And does anyone else think that pikmin 3ds just looks like Kirby Mass Attack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom