• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games that you respect but don’t like playing.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I used to like Mario bros, but I hardly play any of the games now. I respect it, though, it's a neat franchise. Another game/series that is respectably good but I don't play are the Final Fantasy games, (mostly because I did not like how in the early games the team members were small and the enemies way too big; lol)

crustyfetus

Isabella
For me it's The Last of Us, I've tried playing it and i can definitely see why people love it it seems like an objectively great game but for some reason I couldn't stick with it, when I do play it every once in a while I have a pretty decent time but it's just not as fun as I thought it would be for me.

I guess it's Tears of the Kingdom. It's like this great work of art thing, but then again, I never was much for art (Renaissance artists etc). I like action and all the downtime and passive elements of TotK mean I don't like actually playing it.

Other games like that for me now are Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star Online 2 (original and NG). I can feel the amount of effort and inspiration, but do I actually want to play it? Am I actually looking forward to playing it after work or just having a nice universe that I can be in and participate in but are mostly supposed to be overwhelmed by the world building.

I'd have to say the Far Cry series, as much as I hated my first ex, which brought me to playing Far Cry 3 for the first time, I've seen enough videos beforehand to bring myself to respect the series, but even if I didn't have a controlling ex forcing me to play it, I still don't think I would like the game if they weren't.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I used to play Call of Duty back in the day. It was fun, but I couldn't stick with it like I did with Halo.

Also, FIFA. It was great to get off work and play a few matches, but now it doesn't click with me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom