• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Gale Boomerang Help

So I feel like a complete idiot, but I can't figure out how to lock onto multiple items while using the Gale Boomerang.

Can someone please explain it to me step by step? I'm at the part where you have to go in a Z pattern to move the gates.

Thanks!

The boomerang allows you to target multiple objects before you release it. Note you cannot do this while z targeting. To hit multiple targets with one throw, you must continue to hold the button it's assigned to, and hit right trigger (ZR) for each target you want to assign, in the order that you want to assign it. You can assign up to 5 targets per throw. Release the button you bound the boomerang to in order to throw it at all targets you've marked up to that point. (If no target is marked, you throw it straight ahead.)

Targets that could potentially be z-targeted will appear in yellow when your crosshair is near them (such as windmills). The first target you mark is red; every other target you mark before you throw is in orange. Locking onto yellow targets and turning them red/orange is the best for accuracy (or for moving targets), but you can target other spots as well, such as boulders.

If you are still z targeting while holding the button assigned to your boomerang, you'll have to let go of Z-target in order to target anything else before your throw.

Get used to this mechanic as it is used several times throughout the game. In the boss fight for this dungeon, for instance (which is why the game is training you how to do it now.)

In order to solve the Z puzzle to get the boss key, you must assign all 4 targets in one throw, and have it be in the order of the Z (you can start at either end of the Z.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom