• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Final Fantasy

Skunk

Floof
I​

The sun shone high in the sky painted dome of the sky. It was noon, or there abouts. His eyes opened wide to stare up, watching the clouds go by. It was an unfamiliar sky, he thought. One he had never laid eyes upon before. He looked at it for a while, then stood up. Dusting off his red coat, he looked around. A forest spread out for as far as he could see. It was like a sea of tall oaks, sprinkled with acorns laying in the shade. Some, managing to cling to the very little dew that still remained from the morning, sparkled a bit in what bits of the noon sunlight they caught.

“I should look around,” he thought to himself, “ Maybe I can find town or something around here,”

***​

He walked on through the forest for what seemed like hours, eventually noticing a sharpening slope in the land. Eventually he came to a cliff, overlooking a castle town. The land would be relatively easy to traverse, he thought, if only the cliff were a bit less sheer. A sound like propellers came from the north. In the distance, airships glided towards the castle town at high speed.

“If only they came over here. Then again, I don’t know whom I’ll find on those ships,” He looked down the cliff wall, and noticed a narrow rock path that could work for getting to the town. It could also collapse, seeing that it was very thin and didn’t look like it could support very much
weight. “It’s going to be dark soon, and I don’t have much else of a choice,” With that, he began the downward climb.

The cliff wall was no ease to climb down. At several points bits of earth and soil crumbled off the wall. He began to worry at these times, yet pressed on still. At sunset, he finally reached the ground. The airships had landed into the castle town shortly before his feet reunited with flat ground. The castle town would be bound to have an inn, which he made his first destination.

Skunk

Floof
II​

The castle town was empty. Not even guards roamed the streets illuminated by moonlight. There was an inn there, not too big or too small. He walked inside. Drunk travelers telling their tales all stopped silent when he stepped in. He stepped up to the bar, and said, “Tell me, what town is this?”

The barkeeper sheepishly replied, “Coneria, uh, sir. Wh-What’ll you be wanting, sir?”

“Why do you use such formalities with me?” he adopted an authoritative voice unknowingly, “Are strangers that foreign to this land?”
T
he barkeeper shrunk back a bit, “Uhm… Just who are you?” he said, trying to sound confident.

“What does my name matter to you?” by the look on the barkeepers face and the sweat on his brow, he knew that he was obviously a bit too harsh to this old man, “Listen, I don’t know why you’re so afraid of me. So please, relax, I mean you no harm,”

A man dressed from head to toe in mythril armour stepped up to him, and growled, “Go tell those *******s up in your airships to get out of our town, and stop playing dumb before I knock your block off!”

“Why are you being so harsh to me? I’ve done nothing to you, or this town! Airships? Ha! I had to climb down a cliff to get into this place. I might’ve just stayed up in the forest, and not even bothered going into this town,” he said.

The man in the mythril armour lifted him by the shirt. “Get yourself out of this inn right now or I’ll make you see stars, mage,” His voice was low, as he said these words.
“Mage? I-I don’t know any magic, sir,” he began to feel afraid of this man.

The man threw him across the inn. His head began to bleed red, matching the colour of his clothes. His hat flew off, knocking over a bar patrons ale as it landed on a table. He staggered into standing up. The armoured man took a drink from a mug of beer on the counter. The door slammed against the wall, and a man donning red robes stepped into the bar. He raised a hand, and a ball of fire appeared in it. He threw the fire at the armoured man. The wooden bar counter caught fire, and soon the back of the inn began to blaze. A woman screamed from somewhere, and soon chaos broke out. He tried to stand… the world began to fade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom