• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Deity: The Terminian Link?

T

Triforce Eden

Excuse me if there's another thread of this topic here. I did not go through each page to find out, rather I merely used the search function to search for "Fierce Deity" and found nothing.

Ahem, anyways, I really only have a few reasons to suspect that the Fierce Deity could possibly be the Terminian version of Link.

The first reason, is his obvious resemblance to adult Link. It really is simply uncanny.

OniLink.jpg

My second suspicion, is the curious symbol located on his armor just above his waist.

Fierce_Deity_Link_3D.png

Looks like an upside down Triforce, doesn't it? This could suggest a relation to Hyrule.

So, what do you think?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Possible

buuuuuuut...

In the Beta MM there was going to be an adult Link mask, which they changed to the FD mask, I think they just altered the colours that the Adult Link mask had T.T

Oni Link has nothing to do with Hyrule. He has nothing to do with link, except that link Wears his remains. Terminian Counterparts are completly fanonical and not confirmed, infact, denied. All that the creators of the game said is that Termina and Hyrule are not of the same world. They did not say it is a parralel world were there is a oppisite of a person. The reused models are because they wee to lazy to make new ones, not that they somehow are reminiscent to the others in some way shape or form. Espicialy since there are two Malons which should prove it. In the beta of MM, it was told that the mask used to be called the Villian's Mask and it looked just like adult link, but was changed. If you look closly, it Majora on the moon says lets play tag. Which is a mistranslation of let play devil - hero, he says that you will be the bad guy. Sure, that is what Tag is called in Japan, but that is not the way it is worded. The only reson Oni Link looks like Link is because Link is wearing the mask. Just how Deku Link and Zora Link look like link. The triangle is used on almost everything in th zelda series, even if it has nothing to do with the triforce. Also, the only other place the cressent moon is used is on the original OoT's gerudo symbol. It should have no connection what so ever to link, the gerudo, or the triforce. Hope that clears a little up.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oni Link has nothing to do with Hyrule. He has nothing to do with link, except that link Wears his remains. Terminian Counterparts are completly fanonical and not confirmed, infact, denied. All that the creators of the game said is that Termina and Hyrule are not of the same world. They did not say it is a parralel world were there is a oppisite of a person. The reused models are because they wee to lazy to make new ones, not that they somehow are reminiscent to the others in some way shape or form. Espicialy since there are two Malons which should prove it. In the beta of MM, it was told that the mask used to be called the Villian's Mask and it looked just like adult link, but was changed. If you look closly, it Majora on the moon says lets play tag. Which is a mistranslation of let play devil - hero, he says that you will be the bad guy. Sure, that is what Tag is called in Japan, but that is not the way it is worded. The only reson Oni Link looks like Link is because Link is wearing the mask. Just how Deku Link and Zora Link look like link. The triangle is used on almost everything in th zelda series, even if it has nothing to do with the triforce. Also, the only other place the cressent moon is used is on the original OoT's gerudo symbol. It should have no connection what so ever to link, the gerudo, or the triforce. Hope that clears a little up.
Any sources to deny the claims? I think not. It makes no sense to me (or others) that Link looks nearly the same as he did when he was the Hero of Time. Fierce Deity has to have some kind of relation to Link. Whether it is the bad guy, or the good guy but died early in the story, he has to have some kind of connection. Most of us play it off as model-reusing, but that's because there is no real evidence that supports or denies the claims. I haven't seen any article that stated that the people in Termina aren't the Terminian counterparts to the Hylians.

T

Triforce Eden

Oni Link has nothing to do with Hyrule. He has nothing to do with link, except that link Wears his remains. Terminian Counterparts are completly fanonical and not confirmed, infact, denied. All that the creators of the game said is that Termina and Hyrule are not of the same world. They did not say it is a parralel world were there is a oppisite of a person.
Check out the excerpt form an old issue of Nintendo Power. It's form an interview with Aonuma. This can actually be found on this site.

N: Tell us a bit about the parallel universe found in Majora's Mask

EA: In this game, we wanted to give more insight into some of the minor characters found in Ocarina of Time. We're able to give gamers a better look at old characters, and develop new characters at the same time.

I think the bolded statements are a confirmation that Termina IS a parallel world where there is a second version of a Hyrulian.

If you look closly, it Majora on the moon says lets play tag. Which is a mistranslation of let play devil - hero, he says that you will be the bad guy. Sure, that is what Tag is called in Japan, but that is not the way it is worded.
Who's to say that, if my theory is correct, Fierce Deity couldn't be a villain? It is a parallel world, so the roles could be reversed. Just like how Twinrova were not villains.

In the beta of MM, it was told that the mask used to be called the Villian's Mask and it looked just like adult link, but was changed.
And when, may I ask, did the Beta become canon?

The only reson Oni Link looks like Link is because Link is wearing the mask. Just how Deku Link and Zora Link look like link.
Yeah...I don't think Deku Link or Zora Link look ANYTHING like Link. The only similarities are the hat and the clothes. Fierce Deity has much more in common with Link, in appearance, then those two.

The triangle is used on almost everything in th zelda series, even if it has nothing to do with the triforce.
Last time I checked, the reason they use triangles is to represent the Triforce.

N: Tell us a bit about the parallel universe found in Majora's Mask

EA: In this game, we wanted to give more insight into some of the minor characters found in Ocarina of Time. We're able to give gamers a better look at old characters, and develop new characters at the same time.
That does not disprove anything I said. Termina is a parralel universe, but my point was that it is not bizzaro world were everyone's character is the oppisite.
Who's to say that, if my theory is correct, Fierce Deity couldn't be a villain? It is a parallel world, so the roles could be reversed. Just like how Twinrova were not villains.
Despite me thinking that he has nothing to do with Link, I still think that the Feirce Deity was the bad guy and Majora was the good guy.
And when, may I ask, did the Beta become canon?
I never said it was canonical.
Yeah...I don't think Deku Link or Zora Link look ANYTHING like Link. The only similarities are the hat and the clothes. Fierce Deity has much more in common with Link, in appearance, then those two.
You are only saying tht because this time he is more humanoid rather than a fish or tree.
Last time I checked, the reason they use triangles is to represent the Triforce.
Light Force is one example. Force Gems, not to mention the Peice of Power and the Kin Stones.

I read over this and it seems kind of rude. Sorry......

T

Triforce Eden

That does not disprove anything I said. Termina is a parralel universe, but my point was that it is not bizzaro world were everyone's character is the oppisite.
Actually, the two points in conjunction prove that there can be an opposite of a person. For instance, him saying that he wanted to give more insight to OoT characters means that he they are actually the same characters from OoT (well, at least parallel characters) and not just different characters with some different names but same models.

Despite me thinking that he has nothing to do with Link, I still think that the Feirce Deity was the bad guy and Majora was the good guy.
I agree with this.

You are only saying tht because this time he is more humanoid rather than a fish or tree.
This is partially true. It just strikes me as odd that Link and the Fierce Deity have the same face and such.

Light Force is one example. Force Gems, not to mention the Peice of Power and the Kin Stones.
My bad, I forgot about those.

I read over this and it seems kind of rude. Sorry......
Eh, don't worry, I didn't take any offense. Sometimes things can bet a bit heated in Zelda theory debates.

Actually, the two points in conjunction prove that there can be an opposite of a person. For instance, him saying that he wanted to give more insight to OoT characters means that he they are actually the same characters from OoT (well, at least parallel characters) and not just different characters with some different names but same models.
When he says that, I think he is specificly talking about Zelda, Skull Kid, Mask Salesman, and Link. That is, if you beleive MM's Skull Kid is the same Skull Kid from OoT. Which is suported by the fact that he said a fairy boy teached him Saria's Song.

T

Triforce Eden

When he says that, I think he is specificly talking about Zelda, Skull Kid, Mask Salesman, and Link. That is, if you beleive MM's Skull Kid is the same Skull Kid from OoT. Which is suported by the fact that he said a fairy boy teached him Saria's Song.

Well, none of us can really 100% know what he means by that statement. Sadly, we cannot read the man's mind (as epic as that would be). And yes, btw, I do believe that MM and OoT skull kid are one and the same.

X

XTC

Can I just give this entire back-n-forth reputation? Haha good debate guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom