• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Mode of Transportation

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Throughout the Zelda series, Link has had many different ways of traveling around the overworld. From horses to boats and trains, to even giant birds, each one offers different gameplay opportunities. For the purposes of this topic, simply running in Link's regular form counts as a mode of transportation, as do any transformations (Like Wolf Link's fast running speed, or Goron Link's fast and damaging but magic-consuming goron roll). So what's your favourite way to get around the overworld?

King of Red Lions every time. He may only be in WW but i prefer him to Epona, the Loftwing, Spirit Train and whatever was happening in Phantom Hourglass, I'd rather walk.

I dont think Breath of the Wild will change my opinion on the horses but i do like WW's Deku Leaf so maybe BoTW's glider is fun.

Pen

The game is on!
Honestly, my favourite would probably have to be just simple walking and running as regular Link. It might not be very fast, but I'm usually not in a hurry playing Zelda anyway. Controlling only Link gives me better control over him and more direct response. I don't want to miss any hidden secrets when I'm on my way somewhere, so I enjoy taking my time looking around. As for a faster way of traveling though, I'm gonna have to go with Epona in TP. I think they did a good job with her controls and it just feels really nice riding her. I have a feeling that the horse riding in BotW will exceed TP for me though. :)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Epona probably. Quickest and easiest to navigate. KoRL with Swift Sail would be up there.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Goron roll for quick travel.
My wrist got tired of making a bird fly....but the potential was there.
King of Red Lions for relaxing travel. Nothing like sailing the seas.

Shield travel in Breath of the Wild seems like it'll be fun though. Find some tall mountain to sled down...

I mean, the Goron Roll is fun and all, and I enjoyed doing it, but I just wish there was a much larger and more varied space for you to use it. I liked swimming as a Zora as well, especially realizing how to do a dolphin jump and then perfecting it until I could effortlessly land on any surface with a perfectly executed arc in one try. Gaining that level of mastery was enjoyable. But I think I'll always enjoy just legging it everywhere most of all.

Feverish

Source of stink
Favorite mode of transportation? 2 words,
Bomb superslide

It takes a lot of practice but feels so good to use when you can learn to pull it off easily, works on 3ds versions too

I'm gonna be different and say the the bird from ALttP, just so convenient to go where you need to quickly! Epona definitely a close second though.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Warp Songs and secret warp points, OoT. The original fast travel. How do you know your open world is too big? When you need to write songs to jump for place to place! The over reliance on fast travel in video games is getting obnoxious. Even Witcher 3's forcing you to run a few yards in any given direction to touch a sign post before you can fast travel made a difference, but OoT really made you work for it! :) Never did appreciate Midna's fast travel twilight portals for the same reason. Too convenient.

However, I detest mode of transportation mechanics in Zelda, especially when entire games are built around them. That's not the point of Zelda. Make a method of transportation a convenience feature, but transportation gimmicks need to be burned out of Ninty's list of bright ideas with wires if they bring it up again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For regular travel. The Goron roll is the way to go.

As for fast travel...I dont know whether I prefer Midnas twilight warping or summoning Cyclones in the Wind Waker. Both I would consider to be travelling with style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom