• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
All time favorite. Majora's Mask, hands down. No other Zelda title comes close.

Least: well, lets just say, I didn't even finish phantom hourglass. Just an awful, awful one.

And I may commit Zelda blasphemy by saying this, but I didnt really care much for skyward sword. It was an amazing story, fantastic dungeons, bosses, puzzles, and graphics. And ghirahim... i just loved him. So why did I not like it? Too much emphasis on motion controls, too much back tracking, and busy work. Once i beat it, i never picked it back up again

Last edited:
Favorite: Majora's Mask, because I love the atmosphere, the transformations and the 3 day system
Least Favorite: Probably Phantom Hourglass, because of the motion controls and it's whatever story

In order (favorite to least favorite) of only the Zelda games that I have played:

Links Awakening/DX: First Zelda I ever completed, love the island, humor, characters, dungeons, story and overall atmosphere. IMO this game has aged very well. My all time favorite.

Ocarina of Time: Was mind blowing how big and immersive 3d Hyrule felt the first time playing through when I was younger, love the game and love the 3ds remake as well.

Link to the Past: Pure classic 2d Zelda. Great graphics that still look wonderful today. I still want to play this game quite often which shows how well it stood the test of time.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons (tie): Built on the engine of my all time favorite game (LA), these games offered a longer and more vast (linked) adventure with more challenging puzzles, dungeons and enemies. Introduced new characters as well as some returning characters making cameos from Oot and MM. As with LA I feel that these have also aged well.

Majora's Mask: Darker and very unique when compared to previous Zelda games. Termina always felt less relaxing and more anxious when compated to OoT's Hyrule (due to the 3 day time limit and the moon inching ever closer with that menacing face). In some ways I feel that even though it is not my personal favorite (likely just due to nostalgia) this may be the greatest and most creative Zelda game ever made. Love the 3ds version as well.

Minish Cap: Beautiful and technically brilliant hand held Zelda title. I have nothing bad to say about this excellent game other than it could be a little longer and more difficult but that does not make me love it any less.

Legend of Zelda: Classic, where it all started. Simplistic in game story and cryptic nature of the game make it lower on my list but I still enjoy and respect it for what it is.

Wind Waker: Great game but I personally prefer the look and art style to be a little less cartoony. Still a fantastic game but I always felt the sailing got a bit tedious at times.

Skyward Sword: I had fun with it but it was not one of my favorite Zelda games. Not a fan of motion controls and did not find the new characters very enjoyable. Puzzles fell somewhat flat for me as well and the world did not draw me in as much as the others.

NayruKasai

"Don't take us so lightly."
My favourites are the classic N64 Zeldas: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Mainly because I've played them since I was a little tyke.

I haven't played twilight princess but I really want to I really like the look of it. It looks interesting. The graphics are pretty nice too. From what I have seen the only thing I wouldn't enjoy is the kids. I just don't like kids in zelda besides link. They're just annoying or only there for one soul purpose.

I never finished spirit tracks or phantom hourglass mainly because the mic on my ds busted and I'm just too stingy to fix it or replace the whole console. I never liked phantom hourglass. Spirit tracks was meh for me. I suppose if I played it past where I got stuck I may have liked them a bit better.

Skyward sword looks okay. Haven't played that yet either but I don't find it very appealing. Title music is good though.

Wind Waker looks pretty good too. Although from phantom hourglass I didn't really like the idea of the boat it was just really boring. But Wind Waker looks better and I feel it would be more interesting to play.

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game? And why?
I see all of these posts that credit Ocarina of Time as being the best Zelda game there is, but they all cite the same reasons repeatedly. I want to hear everyone's favorites.
I'm not too sure what my favorite is.... Maybe Twilight Princess. I really love the dark art style and the dark aspect of the game as a whole. It's a game that drew me in and had me feeling generally creeped out as I played it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I have to decide between two: Majora's Mask and Zelda 1.
Majora's Mask is a wonder of storytelling. They built an amazingly deep world and make you care about every character in it. You see their sadness, their fear, their hopes, their dreams, and it makes you love the world of Termina for the short amount of time you get to spend in it.
The original Zelda I love more for the gameplay. It's as close to open world as you could get in 1986, what with being able to enter most dungeons right off the bat, wander the overworld map almost freely, etc. I also find the game to be quite replayable, what with new secrets discovered with every run, and the ability to enjoy yourself without having to enter a dungeon, as the Overworld itself will always keep you on your toes.
It's somewhere between those two. I'm unsure which.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Wind Waker for me. It energizes me with its happy tone.

Feverish

Source of stink
Majora's Mask, because it's a genuinely good game but also because it was my first Zelda game from early in my childhood and it's packed with nostalgia.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Twilight Princess. That for me is the game which embodies all of what Zelda is. It's got everything I think of when I think of the series. Hyrule field, horse riding, Gorons, Zoras, The Master Sword, Zelda, Ganondorf, the Triforce e.t.c.

It is the spiritual successor to OOT which was my very first video game experience and prior to TP my favourite game, and besides the easy difficulty, it improved upon Ocarina in most other aspects.

I play Zelda for the story more than anything and TP has the best story in the series. Not only that it has the best cast of all the games, with many memorable and loveable characters. Topping the list would have to be Midna, a side character who stands out miles above the rest in terms of development and writing.

Gameplay wise. I find TP has the best dungeons overall (with only one I disliked) and the perfect number, with memorable bosses at the end of each.

Finally TP has my favourite art style in the series using stylised characters in more realistic looking environments. It may not be to pleasant to look at as a Wii game which meant muddy textures but at least it was a natural progression from OOT and MM rather than a fanbase dividing deviation like that of the Wind Waker.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
My favorite Zelda game is definitely Wind Waker, with Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess right behind it. Wind Waker was my first Zelda game (I played the HD version) and I immediately loved the art style, story, and world.

K1ng Kamara

Professional Fighter
I made my list in video list if anyone's interested

https://youtu.be/_PJ2okkVSg8

My Top 10
-The Legend Of Zelda
-Hyrule Warriors
-Phantom Hourglass
-A Link To the Past
-Majoras Mask
-Wind Waker
-A Link Between Worlds
-Orcarina Of Time
-Twilight Princess
-Skyward Sword

My MOST Favorite Game(s) is/are Breath of the Wild, Followed by Majora's Mask 3d, Followed by OOT 3D(+ Master Quest)

My LEAST Favorite Games are: The Zelda-CDI Games

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
My favorites will always be The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

The Legend of Zelda never gets old for me. I love getting all the swords, upgrading my shield, getting the blue ring and eventually the red ring, etc. I love that there is a second quest as well. I wish all Zelda games had a true second quest like this. Add the sweet gold cartridge, and you have a masterpiece.

I love Zelda II almost as much as the original. If there was a second quest with a totally new map and new palaces then it might surpass the first game. A lot of people think this game is difficult, but I am guessing they don't level up enough. Either that, or I have just played the game too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom