• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Favorite Dungeons: I will admit, music will add to the factor as well as challenge)

10. Forsaken Fortress (TWW) (stealth mode)
9. Forest Temple (OoT)
8. Hyrule Castle (ALttP)
7. Key Cavern (LA)
6. Level 1(LoZ)
5. Earth Temple (SS)
4. Forest Haven (TWW)
3. Stone Tower Temple (MM)
2. Swamp Palace (ALBW)
1. Spirit Temple (OoT)

My Least Favorite Dungeons:

10. Fire Temple (OoT: MQ)
9. Lanayru Mining Facility (SS)
8. Wind Temple (TWW)
7. Forest Temple (TP)
6. Water Temple (OoT)
5. Ice Lake (ALttP)
4. Level 5 (LoZ)
3. Earth Temple (TWW)
2. Southern Swamp (MM)
1. Any Palace from Zelda II (AoL)

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I haven't played enough Zelda to make a great list but here it is :P

Favorite:

1) Goron Mines (TP)
2) Inside the Deku Tree (OoT)
3) Hyrule Castle (TP)
4) Dodongo's Cavern (OoT)
5) Woodfall Temple (MM)
6) Forest Temple (TP)
7) Arbiter's Grounds (TP)
8) Fire Sanctuary (SS)
9) Forsaken Fortress (WW)
10) Shadow Temple (OoT)

Least Favorite:
1) Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly (OoT)
2) Snowpeak Ruins (TP)
3) Sandship (SS)
4) Fire Temple (OoT)
5) Palace of Twilight (TP)
6) Skyview Temple (SS)
7) Lanayru Mining Facility (SS)
8) Water Temple (OoT)
9) Lakebed Temple (TP)
10) Sky Keep (SS)

Playing through TP for the third time (1st time for HD) and I can honestly say that I hated Goron Mines. I can't ever remember hating it, but I sure did this time round. The magnetic iron boots stuff is way too slow.

The lakebed temple however has gone up in my preference. So has the forest temple.

I'm now in the desert so Arbiters Grounds soon, which I remember loving. I hope I still do.

Skunk

Floof
My favorite dungeon in the series is probably the Stone Tower Temple, although the boss is annoying. My least favorite dungeon is probably the Temple of the Ocean King, which isn't necessarily a bad dungeon, it's just extremely annoying to have to go through over and over again without any means of skipping portions that have already been explored, like the Tower of Spirits.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I haven't played enough Zelda in a while to make a good list but my favourite dungeon is OoT's Forest Temple because of the atmosphere, dungeon design and boss. All of these factors are superb.

My least favourite off the top of my head is the Earth Temple in SS. I'm not even sure what it is about that dungeon but I really don't like it, I can't explain why.

My favorite Zelda dungeon.... wow. That's hard. Maybe the Shadow Temple from OoT. That game gave me the ****s as a kid XD but the Temple it's self always sent shivers down my spine when I would play it late at night. Then the boss was actually one of my favorites.... even though Nintendo has used the boss in other franchises..... it was probably the most difficult fight in the game in my opinion. The puzzles were all fun, and using the lens of truth made the puzzles fresh. Overall off the top of my head this is definitely my favorite Temple.

Least Favorite: Fire Temple, OoT hero mode. I love OoTs hero mode, but this Temple was infuriating. It was a little too hard compared to most of the other temples, and I found myself getting stuck and just dropping the controller for days out of frustration. Games are supposed to immerse you, and have fun with them. This Temple on the other hand had a lame ass boss at the end of an excruciatingly painful dungeon.

EDIT: Double Post Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Favorite? Ice Cavern from OoT, good music, looks amazing.
Least favorite? Great Bay Temple from MM 3D, water puzzles uhhg and the boss, gaaaaaaaaah!!

I'm seeing a lot of hate on all of the Wind Waker temples in this thread XD If I could just see a little elaboration as to why that would be great..... I love the Wind Waker and it's one of my favorite in the franchise, so I'm just a little curious. Not saying your opinion is invalid, just want to hear your argument!

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
tbh, the ocarina of time water temple was never a big deal for me...
I did however find the watertemple in majoras mask kinda annoying to begin with!
also the maze goddess statue in skyward sword was annoying at first!

best overall, I think that was the TP temple in the sky, idk.. it just felt really thought out!
it was annoying at first, yes. it also was repetitive. but you actually had to properly think doing it! :)
You had to focus.
Also I really liked the hyrule castle subtemple before reaching ganondorf.. while I dont think it fully qualifies as a temple itself,
I just loved being there.. I loved the visuals.. and I loved the idea of, actually working in the castle itself! it felt like I was taken back to the alttp era. <3~

Hardest. Question. Ever.

Least favorite is probably the first dungeon in PH because I end up not wanting to go much further in the game.

For favorite... I'll honestly go Woodfall Temple in MM. Atmosphere, music, boss, and a great first dungeon to get pumped up for the next few.

My 5 least Favorites and why:

5. Tower of hera.
Holes. Everywhere. To be fair, my GBA controls were not that good. They got stuck a lot, and this is probaby why I kept falling over and over again. I fought Moldorm so many times its not even funny.
4. Goron Mines
Walking around at the speed of a snail really got to me after a while. The nunchuck on the wii made walking straight hard as well, and I ended up in the lava a few too many times for my liking.
3. Inside Jabu-Jabu's belly
Not only is it a pretty gross dungeon if you think about it, but Carrying Ruto around and having to go back to get her if you leave her alone makes it all pretty uncomfortable. Barinade is a really fun boss however.
3. Water Temple.
I know a lot of people dislike this temple, and they have a good reason to. I played the N64 version first, and the layout confused me to no end. The DS version was nicer to manoeuvre around though.
1. The Temple of the ocean king.
What can I say about this temple that others already havent. It's repetitive, boring, and Frustrating! Spirit Tracks did fix this by making each level of the tower of spirits different, but the temple of the ocean king is my least favorite by far.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
(I'm in the process of reviving a bit of discussion from the old World of Zelda stickies, so it might seem familiar, but feel free to post and share your views.)

The Zelda series is famous for its puzzle and challenged filled dungeons, each offering something different in variety which has created a wide contrast of views down the years. So what are you favorite and least favorite dungeons and why?

My favourite dungeon is actually the snow dungeon in TP because of those puzzles and it's different from the others, also you get to sleigh to the entrance like thats awesome. My least favourite is the sky temple which is also in TP because it takes forever and most of it is just waiting for the next peahat to come along :bshrug:

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
My favorite dungeon: Eagle's Tower, Link's Awakening. I played this back in the day when the internet wasn't super big yet. I was stuck on this dungeon and wandered around for hours before figuring out the trick to it. When i did i felt so smart!

That being said, Twilight Princess had some really good dungeons as well.

Least favorite: The Temple of the Ocean King, Phantom Hourglass. My least favorite thing about zelda games in general are puzzles/areas that are timed. I like to figure things out at my own pace and not feel rushed. I enjoy the process of solving the puzzles, but when the timer is running out the threat of having to redo areas over again pushes me to look up the solution which ruins the fun. Not to mention having to repeat this dungeon multiple times throughout the game.

The Arbiter's Grounds in Twilight Princess, Shadow Temple in OoT, and Sand Ship from SS are among my favorites.

My least favorite has always been the Water Temple in OoT. It brought me to my knees as a kid, and is just plain boring as an adult. I will forever hate this Temple outside of Dark Link.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I think my best temple is OoT Forest Temple. The music is simply amazing, but I think it's also because it's the 1st temple you reach as an adult. You were thrown into all these new things (Sheik, hookshot, epona, master sword) that this temple is still part of that.

Close second is SS - Sandship. I didn't know I was in a dungeon until I found the boss key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom