• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say Link is my favorite, but that is far too generic. I am actually going to go with Groose! He had such great character development and I found him hilarious TBH.

My least favorite would have to be the pirate woman who stalks your ship in Phantom Hourglass. I don't dislike her, I just feel like she was a huge waste of potential. There was so much more they could have done with her.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
(I'm in the process of reviving a bit of discussion from the old World of Zelda stickies, so it might seem familiar, but feel free to post and share your views.)

While the Zelda series has always focused it's plot around three main characters - the hero, the Princess, and the villain - over the years though it has showcased a lot of unique and quirky characters that has given life to the world of Hyrule. So what are some of your favorites as well as least favorite characters and why?

My favourites are Link, Princess Zelda and Ghirihim followed by the Skull Kid, Midna and Ravio. I hate tingle ( 35 year old pervy fairy)

I think I'll have to go totally cliche on this one and say Sheik, that character always sparked my curiosity and left me wanting to learn more, other than that it would be Link; and how could it not be, Link is awesome!

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I don't think I could choose just one favorite. Here are some good ones that come to mind: Midna, Marin, Darunia, and Link of course.

Least favorite: Tingle.

karu

Panamaniac
Love Ghirahim, because he is so fabulous!!! least favorite? hmmmmmmmmm, hhhmmmmmmmmmm, hmm...zant, i don't like his eyes, i have nightmares about him

Favorite is Groose, because he was the bully turned hero trope done extremely well. Plus he has the slickest pompadour in town.

Least favorite is Impa, because she scared me as a kid.

My absolute favorite has got to be the hero of time. I love how his influence can be felt in the games that come after OoT, and I also just like tragic heroes. As for NPCs... Grog and his MM counterpart are cool, I love Midna and Groose's character development, the Minish are super cute, and Ganondorf is just plain cool. I don't really like Ingo.

Like Ghost, I also always loved Grog. Maybe it was my morbid sense of humour, I don't know, but I found him funny even if he was kind of a sad character.

My favourite character however of all the games is Saria. I wanted to be her when I was a kid, wanting to run around the forest playing my ocarina and later have an important role in saving the world. That seemed cool. I also love that she always remained innocent even though she was perceived as wise for a child and was Link's friend forever, no matter what.

My least favourite character, to quote a cliche, is Tingle. Never saw the point in him, irritating little thing. Majora's Mask was made that much more of a headache due to having to buy maps from him and having to talk to him and every time having to listen to his stupid magic words thing every time. Ugh.
I can't believe I'm saying this but tingle has actually grown on me as a character throughout the Zelda game but I do still sometimes find him annoying

My favorite character is the Happy Mask Salesman.

My least favorite character is Demise.
Mine too I just find him a very boring and shallow villain

Last edited by a moderator:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Wow, tough question,

My least favorite:

Agitha: Ok, Agitha just creeps me out. She's this little girl who lives by herself in a bug infested creaky old house that is not up to safety standards at all. Like seriously, bugs are nasty and half of them will kill you if you touch them!

Agitha: "Wait here Link, I'm going to show you my favorite bug!"
Link: *Awkwardly leans against a wall*
Enraged Bug: *Bites Link six times on the forearm*
Link: *Dies*
Agitha: *comes back* "Here it is Link! The- um- oh my..."

Ingo: first of all, in case you didn't know, Ingo and Talon are a not so subtle allusion to Mario and Luigi. And while I liked Talon, Ingo was just a huge jerk! In Oot, he sells out poor Talon and Malon. And for what? Ownership of Lon-Lon Ranch and servitude to the Dark Lord Ganondorf. Jeez, what a jerk! To make it worse, in MM there are three of them that were trying to steal the milk from Cremia. (Btw that is probably my favorite side quest ever!)

Now for my favorite characters (not necessarily in order):

Link: I know this might not seem like a very original choice but he is one of my favorites! He has really been one of my role models. I look at him in the beginning of Twilight Princess, even on his day off he plays with the children of the village and helps the people who are in need. But if you think he's just some perfect hero, look again! After he gets the master sword in Hyrule Warriors, he gets cocky and many people get hurt because of it. So Link is definetly one of my favorites.

Ravio: I just love this character! He's so different from anyone else in the Zelda Universe. When he first is introduced, he kind of takes over your house and makes you buy his overpriced items. To make it worse, when you die, he sends his bird friend to pick through your remains and take the items back. But in the end, he turns out to be the Lorule version of Link. He even has the sick purple hair!

The Happy Mask Salesman:
The Happy Mask Salesman is a seriously trippy character. No one knows who he is, where he comes from, or anything about him in general. Why does he carry the Majora's Mask around and how did he find it? Also, how is the only one who knows that Link is not from termina? I think that the Mask Salesman is so wierd that you can't help but love him!

Tatl: In MM, Link's companion is Tatl. She starts off pretty rough towards Link but she warms up to him in the end. In the end of the game, you can see the relationship between Link and Tatl when they are talking about stubborn people and Tatl says: "That sounds like someone else I know!" So you can see how through this playful banter that hey have a cool relationship.

And many more...

You may have noticed that I really like the characters in MM. This is because (this is true for at least clock town) every single character has a deep backstory that has been well thought out and planned. (Cudos to Nintendo on that) their stories often intertwine with others too. This is one of the reasons why MM gives you such a magical feeling. And also why it is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games ever.

Wow, tough question,

My least favorite:

Agitha: Ok, Agitha just creeps me out. She's this little girl who lives by herself in a bug infested creaky old house that is not up to safety standards at all. Like seriously, bugs are nasty and half of them will kill you if you touch them!

Agitha: "Wait here Link, I'm going to show you my favorite bug!"
Link: *Awkwardly leans against a wall*
Enraged Bug: *Bites Link six times on the forearm*
Link: *Dies*
Agitha: *comes back* "Here it is Link! The- um- oh my..."

Wow I didn't know the bugs hurt you... guess I never hung out in her house....

My least favorite is Fi. I know my batteries are low!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom