• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Disney Villains

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yo! Wassap?

So... how bout dat Breath of the Wild, eh?

What's your favorite Disney Villain?

1.) Gaston - All Time Favorite

I mean, come on. This guy's a total dude bro. I mean, sure he's an ignorant self centered loathsome jerk from beginning to end, but that hair... *ahem* I mean, here's an over exaggerated cartoon villain who goes from loveable jerkface full time egomaniac to full on raging psychopath in the end. Plus, thematically his character stands in stark juxtaposition to the Beast. Disney villains are known to be one off one dimensional cartoonishly proportioned Snidely Whiplash style caricatures and Gaston intentionally runs with that to further the underlying theme of the movie. He practically trolls every disney villain ever which makes him number 1 in my book.

I suppose there's a lot to say about Disney villain styles because disney villains tend to fall into certain categories. You've got the evil-for-evils sake 1D villains of disney yesteryear - the Malificents, the Evil Queens (here's a villain so flat she doesn't even have a name) the Jafars, the Scars. Then you've got the "twist" villains, the ones you never see coming!! These are the Prospector Petes and that dude from Frozen, etc. And you've got the sympathetic villains - The Syndromes, the Hades (kinda), and giant rampaging lava monster from Moana.

Buy my favorite villain type has to be the evil-for-evil's sake. I mean, if you're gonna present a cartoonishly flat villain you might as well go all the way. Hades also falls into this category. And though I'm no fan of the Lion King I gotta special appreciation for Scar. Why? In his own words, he's surrounded by idiots. This is why...

2.) Jafar

Do we even know *why* Jafar wants to take over Agrabah? No? Do we have to? Not really. He's a bad guy. It's what he does. But it always struck me that he plays the adviser to a ridiculous man child and his ditzy flighty daughter and his only henchman is a wise cracking parrot with the voice of Gilbert Godfrey. I mean, if I had to put up with these twits, I'd be cartoonishly evil too. Jafar plays the part of the villain and loves it.

Runners up, Cruella DeVille. Again, here we have a one dimensional villain so over the top evil her defining character trait is that she wants to make coats out of puppies because that's just how freakishly evil she is.

Hades is perhaps the most memorable disney villain in recent memory, for all the usual reasons.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Favourite Disney villain is Captain Barbossa. Although he is a protagonist in the later films and becomes a rival to Jack rather than enemy, he started off as a villain I couldn't help but love his witty humour.

Other favourites include: Shan Yu, Gaston and Captain Hook

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Favourite Disney villain is Captain Barbossa.

Alright! Representing my man Barbossa! I always did find him more entertaining than Depp's Sparrow. Geoffrey Rush is a shoe-in for that character. I mean, classic pirate through and through. Barbossa and Jack make for an excellent sorta "buddy cop" (heh, buddy pirate?) duo and Depp and Rush play off each other so well! :^^:

Bradley Uppercrust III

I know it'd be easier just to google it but I think it begs the question to you... who?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio

Pen

The game is on!
Favourite Disney villain is Captain Barbossa. Although he is a protagonist in the later films and becomes a rival to Jack rather than enemy, he started off as a villain I couldn't help but love his witty humour.

Barbossa is definitely one of my absolute favourite Disney characters, but even if he acts as a villain in the first film, I always think of him as more of a rival character than anything else. Anyway, speaking of PotC, my absolute favourite Disney villain is definitely Davy Jones. He is just so awesome through and through. His powers and abilities are super cool and he has one of the most heartbreaking (no pun intended) backstories. I like a relatable villain, and Davy Jones is definitely one of those.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Barbossa is definitely one of my absolute favourite Disney characters, but even if he acts as a villain in the first film, I always think of him as more of a rival character than anything else. Anyway, speaking of PotC, my absolute favourite Disney villain is definitely Davy Jones. He is just so awesome through and through. His powers and abilities are super cool and he has one of the most heartbreaking (no pun intended) backstories. I like a relatable villain, and Davy Jones is definitely one of those.

Am a fan of Davy Jones as well. He has a good development over his two films. Love a villain that plays his own theme on an organ. I had to go away and learn to play it myself after watching Dead Mans Chest.

I will have to re watch them all soon in preparation for Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm gonna have to agree with the above and go with Captain Barbossa. While he is a protagonist rather than an antagonist in the later films, I find he actually takes on more of an anti-hero role, and he still has a very villainous personality at times. While Davy Jones is more epic, and the CGI is actually, surprisingly, amazing, Barbossa has a personality that Davy Jones lacks almost completely, and sort of represents one side of a yin-yang with Jack Sparrow (where Barbossa is more "classic pirate" while Jack is more goofy and outgoing). Plus the combination of Depp and Rush is just perfect. Easily my favourite villain of any Disney movie.

I would say Vader, but since Disney has only actually made one movie in which he appears, I still don't really consider him a Disney villain. Although I might consider Loki a Disney villain, in which case he'd probably come close to (but not surpassing) Barbossa.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I know it'd be easier just to google it but I think it begs the question to you... who?

He's from An Extremely Goofy Movie. He's the leader of a frat house that tries to get Max to compete with them in a skateboarding competition, but recruits Goofy and turns him and Max against each other since Max won't join them.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
He's from An Extremely Goofy Movie. He's the leader of a frat house that tries to get Max to compete with them in a skateboarding competition, but recruits Goofy and turns him and Max against each other since Max won't join them.

Wow. Goofy movie's going way back. I remember seeing it but I don't remember a thing about it lol other than that it had something to do with a road trip. Don't think I ever saw the sequel though.

Darth Vader...it counts right?
It does now :shrugs::sweat:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom