• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Usually, though, I tend to point out who I will vote for. In the name of trying to not mislynch scum, I don't usually vote my null reads. And honestly, it's Day 2. A little late for random voting, no matter how balanced it my seem.
Anyways
Vote: SMS
I think this is a good way to see who's townreading who though.

Technically I went along with Mido. Also, at what time did I ever help the Shroom lynch?
Besides, that vote may as well have been RVS. Also, was he really obvtown at the time?

Moving on to Captain Foo, I'd also like to point out that if we vote someone on Day 5 who we think is town today, or refuse to vote someone tomorrow who wasn't on our lists today, doesn't mean scum. It just means that the playing field has changed.

However, I would like to say:
Mido is not getting my vote. Honestly? Right now, you're not either, Foo.
I'll go with that for now, and I'm also not gonna join the site. I just like keeping it on ZD/QT

I don't understand when you say "at what time did I ever help the Shroom lynch?" You never did. Doesn't that give you less of a town vibe?
And when you say "that vote" are you talking about my vote on you, because that's absurd. I gave you my points and thoughts; that's a lot more than just randomly voting for someone just because I want to start a bandwagon. Boy, that sounds familiar...

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Why Thareous? Are your concerns related to his activity level? And is there any reason as to why SMS appears evil to you as well? O.O

You guys just have to trust me on this, I'm going to investigate him.

As for SMS, my suspicion has died down but I still get a scum vibe from him.

I'm still going to wait awhile before I come to any conclusion and make my vote.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Foo is starting to give me some scrum vibes, but it's hard to gauge him since it's his first game. For now I'll say he seems suspicious.

Personally I don't really get scrum vibes from Ari, but I am getting some from SMS. The waiting thing isn't really a good idea when we can get a read on people and votes to help with pressure. But at the same time I'm not sure who to vote for.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
All right, I'm about 3 hours ahead of the schedule I gave Gumball, but I've got some free time so I might as well do this now.

The 18 living players, ordered by Kokirion at the start of the day, are:

1. Spiritual Mask Salesman
2. Foo
3. Repentance
4. Dekunut
5. Sadia
6. Johnny Sooshi
7. Crus@der77x
8. Mido
9. LittleGumball
10. A Link in Time
11. Musicfan
12. Ari
13. Mellow Ezlo
14. Zelda13t
15. Pendio
16. Doc
17. Viral Maze
18. Frozen Chozen

I have begun a campaign title "Nightmare Mafia" on Orokos. The verification role is 2376.
What I'd like people to do is as follows:
1) Visit the campaign page and confirm the verification role. Indicate in your next post that you've done so, please and thanks.
2) Identify every player on the list who you will *not* be comfortable voting for. Note that if you you do not mention a certain player and later show hesitancy to vote for that player (assuming no major info change) I will consider it a scum-tell. Be exaustive.
3) Know that every player who receives two or more votes will be removed from the list. If this would delete the list entirely, every player with three votes will be removed instead, and so on.
4) Know that in 12 hours the list will be finalized, and I will use the Orokos Campaign page you have confirmed to select a lynch target from the names remaining on the list. As this target should be acceptable to the majority of players by construction, I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon. If you are opposed to do so I suggest you identify you opposition *before* the final selection is made. I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell.

My votes will follow in the next post.
yeah..... no......

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't understand when you say "at what time did I ever help the Shroom lynch?" You never did. Doesn't that give you less of a town vibe?
And when you say "that vote" are you talking about my vote on you, because that's absurd. I gave you my points and thoughts; that's a lot more than just randomly voting for someone just because I want to start a bandwagon. Boy, that sounds familiar...
By "that vote" I meant mine on Pendio. I saw your points.
And I thought you did say I supported the Shroom lynch, so that explains a lot. And I gave my reasons for not supporting the lynch, and they were at least halfway decent IMO.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I disagree with Dekunut's reads except that I might end up voting for sms.

If someone's got a vigilante-like ability I'd strongly suggest using it on Zelda13. Possibly Foo. Not SMS, it would be better to get a lynch on him imo.

Really unsure about Ari because I feel like she always plays like this regardless of alignment.

since the last vote count there's 2 ari votes, 1 dek:unu:t vote, and 1 sms vote. That puts ari in the lead. (that's mostly for me since I don't know who I want lynched right now)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You guys just have to trust me on this, I'm going to investigate him.

I'm still going to wait awhile before I come to any conclusion and make my vote.
It sounds like your softclaiming Cop. While I said I was going to vote for you I dob't want to end up mislynching.

Unvote

Now I'm not even sure what I'll do. If you are a Cop you realize you've just admitted it to the Mafia, they'll be gunning for you. I'll let you slide today, but tomorrow if you have nothing to show than I'll be voting for you.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also I'm going to roleclaim, the first to really do so in the game.

I'm Phil Macgraw, a dreamer. I have no abilities yet so I'm guessing I need to become lucid before I can get any special abilities. Lynching me wouldn't be a good idea.
1. why on earth would you roleclaim right now you're not even close to being lynched literally what did you plan on gaining from this
2. that proves absolutely nothing about your alignment

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also I'm going to roleclaim, the first to really do so in the game.

I'm Phil Macgraw, a dreamer. I have no abilities yet so I'm guessing I need to become lucid before I can get any special abilities. Lynching me wouldn't be a good idea.
What. Why are you role claiming? Like, seriously why? That's a total waste of a claim (I mean I don't see anyone else claiming today but still). Also, like lg said, that doesn't prove anything. You can be a mafia dreamer.

Also, the fact that you have no abilities makes your claim even more useless. What was the point? If you're trying to gain trust, you're going about it the wrong way.

You guys just have to trust me on this
Why?
I'm going to investigate him.
We have to trust your suspicions on Thar that aren't backed up even though you haven't investigated him yet? Also, we're supposed to trust your cop softclaim?

Again, why? I know why everyone else is suspicious of him, but you haven't stated your own reasoning, at least not that I can recall.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
SMS, they're right. That did nothing to help your case.
I would also like to point out that 2 claims are allowed per day folks. So the wasted claim didn't hurt too bad

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Also I'm inclined to think that maybe Viral Maze isn's a Townie like suggested, toward the end of Day 1 he claimed he was ok with bandwagoning to lynch Shroom. He didn't follow through, but he did say it. Why would he say it though? Was it to try making it appear like he doesn't care about Shroom (but in truth they could have been companions)?
Think long and hard about it.

Why would them being vocal about a scum lynch even on day one warrant a vote at least give the cop a day or two to check them out.
Yes let's wait for the cop to win our game for us >_>

If someone's got a vigilante-like ability I'd strongly suggest using it on Zelda13. Possibly Foo.

I strongly agree with this. Disagree/have neutral feelings to the rest of the post, but Zelda13 would be a phenomenal vig target seeing her posts today.

It sounds like your softclaiming Cop. While I said I was going to vote for you I dob't want to end up mislynching.
Its good practice not to point out these softclaims. If you choose to believe it, just unvote and leave it for a later day if the issue comes up.

Unvote
I'm still suspicious of Mezlo, but more so of Deku. He's been buddy-buddy with Mido since the beginning, so a lynch here can help glean something from that information. With deadline approaching, I'm fine with Deku or Zelda13

Vote: Deku Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom