• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Distant Roads [HOPE]

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Prologue [AFTERMATH]

I've traveled for many years across this barren, charred land. Each day I gaze across this sea of lifeless quiet only hoping to find someone, something, anything, but the only thing to be found here is death. Decay. Scattered here and there are the ruins of old towns and strongholds, and even the remains of old battlefields. In some areas there are seas of corpses rotting in the hot sun. I recall being sick at the sight of such things, but now this is a regular sight. I know not why the deceased are arranged in massive piles like that, nor do I know how they died. Nor do I care. Their fate and their secrets are not what I seek.

As the sun begins to set in the sky, I rest myself upon a dead tree who's leaves have all rotted away. Hot winds blow across the black rock that is the ground, and wave upon wave of dust batters me, stinging my eyes and dirtying my cloak. When the winds recede, I rub the dust out of my eyes and carry onward on my quest. My quest.

My quest?

But what is my quest? What could a lone man seek in such a desolate world? What is there to find but the ruins and remains?

Sometimes I too ask myself this, because after all this time even I have forgotten.

But I know that some day on this field of death I will remember. And when I remember, I feel something will change. Something will change that day. Something... anything at all.

This is the prologue for the little story I'm gonna write. I kinda didn't do good but only because I couldn't put my idea into words. I'll probably change the prologue a lot before I start the actual story so you get a good idea of the premise before we delve into whatever nonsense I decide to write down. After I get the prologue all situated I'll make the first chapter and the sailing will be smoother from there. In case you are wondering, I'm not gonna take this too seriously. At some point, if not right from the start, it could just be bad. But whatever, I never claimed to be an exceptional writer. I might be mediocre even. But... the point I'm trying to make is, ECH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom