• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discord

Do you use Discord?

• Yes, I use Discord

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No, I don't use Discord

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'm just wondering how many people here use Discord and what they think of it. If you don't know what it is: it is basically like Skype, but a little different. You can learn more about it and download it (it is free) here: https://discordapp.com.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think Discord is a little nicer purely because you don't have to call like Skype. The line is basically always open.

Also, I've just never found any problems with it. I don't know the extent of Skype's capability, but in Discord you can very easily set the noise gate for yourself, change other user's volumes, see what game they're playing, mute / deafen yourself and mute others. And it's all set up so this can be done pretty quickly and easily. And as far as my experience goes, Discord drops less often than Skype.

ToxicWolf1132

Super High School Level Despair
I love discord. You never have to worry about morons hitting the call button every five minutes because they somehow press the call button when they're typing out a message even though the call button is NOWHERE NEAR THE TEXT BOX!!!! WHAT?! IM NOT TRIGGERED, YOURE TRIGGERED!!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If you don't know what it is: it is basically like Skype, but a hundred times less broken

fixed that for you :P

I use Discord. I have a server to keep in contact with my friends who are all from this site who play Monster Hunter so we can talk about what we're doing in the game and set times to do multiplayer together.

Feverish

Source of stink
A group of friends and I have been in a skype group for a while (I joined a year after it was created though) and moved over to discord because Skype was giving us all issues. Though I don't join any other discord chats for reasons

Refurbished

Adventuring
Honestly, I think Discord is just a glorified IRC Client with VIOP tacked on. But man do I enjoy using it. Has great web, desktop, and mobile clients.

I use it more for chatgroups with people I only know on forums etc., as I don't know them that well so don't have them on facebook or whatsapp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom