• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dad's trying to play a Zelda game again

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
So a couple of years ago, I posted a thread about how my dad was trying (and struggling) to get the hang of the controls in Skyward Sword. I said something along the lines of how frustrating/funny it is so see him struggle doing something that is relatively easy (i.e running, simple controls etc). The time's come again where a new Zelda game has come out and this means that I have more struggling to watch.

Some examples of the stupid things he's done: Sat there for a couple of minutes repeatedly asking "WHAT DO I DO?!" when he was trying to use magnesis, and then didn't know how to lock onto an object when it very clearly said "A to activate" on the screen.
He didn't know where to get fish, and he always thinks he has arrows when he doesn't just because he can pull out his bow. He then gets agitated when he realises that he doesn't have any.

Basically there's just a lot of walking around in circles. What's something interesting that's happened to you in playing BoTW/something funny that's happened from watching a clueless relative play? Similar stories make me feel reassured of my dad's IQ. :)

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
My mum likes to play the zelda games but if it isn't a handheld game (excluding oot 3d and mm 3d) she can't get the hang of it. I would love to see her try BoTW but she would have to drag me off it first

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I remember back when my brother was first starting his YouTube channel, he decided to do a blind playthrough of Hexxit (A Minecraft modpack that really changes the focus of the game completely). I knew what was happening, and he was just walking around like "What's this" and getting killed a lot. But he didn't want my voice in the video. Cue me frantically writing down notes for him while he recorded and trying to explain things while he pretended that there was not a person watching over his shoulder who actually knew what the heck was going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom