• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crack Zora Theory

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
THIS IS TOTALLY NOT-SERIOUS. I just didn't know where else to post this idea. I thought folks might get a laugh out of it.

It's source, like much of my humor, comes from conversation with my significant other. I was playing Legend of Zelda Classic - the uber-hard Second Quest (that I somehow remember being easier when I was a kid, but whatever).

Bob has played through Twilight Princess and a little bit A Link to the Past and of Ocarnia of Time, and has watched me play other games, but isn't a total Zelda-nerd like I am and isn't versed on the history, isn't familiar with the various Timeline theories, etc.

Me: Blah, blah, blah. Most people think this first game is late on the Timeline, that the first two games are the last chronologically because Nintendo made prequels after this, so right now, I'm playing a Link that's supposed to be a descendant of all the others...

Bob: What?

Running past Lake Hylia and having Zola spit balls of doom at me, Bob asked "What's that?"

Me: "It's... a Zora, kinda. They started out as evil, then the creators decided to make them good guys in Ocarina of Time onwards."

Bob: It's not one of those things that hops out of the water and spits rocks at you in the other games?

Me: Those are Octoroks. In this game, they're land-octopi.

Bob: So this is after the Flood?

Me: *Goes into different ideas about the Timeline split*

Bob: So, if the Zora's the bad guy here, that means they turned from good guys to evil?

Me: Yep. There are different theories on that. They either turned evil or are a split-off species. You do know that in Hyrule, evolution runs on steroids because creatures change from game to game and they're only supposed to be a few hundred years apart.

Bob: GANONDORF HAD A ZORA WIFE.

Me: ???

Bob: If they went evil, Ganondorf married a Zora.

Me: GANONDORF X RUTO?!! *Proceeds to explain the character of Ruto to him, as he hasn't gotten far enough into OoT to meet her yet.* Yeah, Ruto's a brat.

Bob: I was thinking more like that prince in Twilight Princess - Ganondorf: PRINCE RALIS, I AM YOUR FATHER!

---------------

There you have it: A crack theory about why the Zoras in the 3D games went evil in the chornologically later 2D games. At some point Ganondorf had a Zora wife.

So, it's total crack, but it's a funny idea.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
For the excuse to use an edited "Phantom of the Opera" reference...

"Those who speak what they don't know
Find too late that prudent silence is wise."

I tried this kind of theorizing a long time ago. At ZI, I did a similar theory on Zoras. Don't make that mistake, please. It becomes an addiction. I know it's fun, but it becomes an overpowering need if you do it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom