• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Confirmed - It's Possible to Beat the Game Right Away

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...-100-percent-complete-in-a-week-says-producer

According to Aonuma in the above IGN article and the enclosed video, you can complete Breath of the Wild and defeat the final boss almost right away. I thought this entire thing was a misquote, but I guess not.

I have to say I'm pretty upset about this. I can't imagine they put as much work into the story as I thought they did if this is the case, and it also means there's a chance I will miss major parts of the story if I get too far ahead.

What is your opinion on this?

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
I don't think a lot of people would try it so I don't think it's anything experience-ruining

Last edited:

Jamie

Why would this mean the story is weaker? All it means is you can skip the story. It's been long established that you have to discover the story for yourself. This confirmation doesn't change anything.
Because if you can skip massive parts of the story I believe it would then be less of a focus to the developers.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Because if you can skip massive parts of the story I believe it would then be less of a focus to the developers.
Not if they design it so that discovering the story is the adventure. They designed it so that if we want to know what's going on we have to work for it. That tells me they put more thought into it than they usually do. Especially if there are at least 18 memories we need to recover.

Jamie

Not if they design it so that discovering the story is the adventure. They designed it so that if we want to know what's going on we have to work for it. That tells me they put more thought into it than they usually do. Especially if there are at least 18 memories we need to recover.
What? Why would having to find memory pieces mean they put more thought into it? It just means it's all fragmented. Clearly it's not as big of a focus as it would be if it were mandatory.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What? Why would having to find memory pieces mean they put more thought into it? It just means it's all fragmented. Clearly it's not as big of a focus as it would be if it were mandatory.
I disagree. If they're making discovering the story a huge part of the adventure, deeply intertwined with the overworld, I would think that alone is more of a focus than they've put on it in the past.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...-100-percent-complete-in-a-week-says-producer

According to Aonuma in the above IGN article and the enclosed video, you can complete Breath of the Wild and defeat the final boss in 10-15 minutes. I thought this entire thing was a misquote, but I guess not.

I have to say I'm pretty upset about this. I can't imagine they put as much work into the story as I thought they did if this is the case, and it also means there's a chance I will miss major parts of the story if I get too far ahead.

What is your opinion on this?

How can a person beat the final boss without the Master Sword? That is just ridiculous. It's Ganon who shouldn't be able to be defeated with normal weapons. Why would they pussify him like that?

I also hate the fact the story is going to be optional. What is the point in doing it, or completing any dungeons if you dont need to? Usually the things you get during the main story are actually required for you to complete the game. If you can just go and save the world with a boko spear then it just makes it all seem a bit pointless.

Our word fo the day. Well done.

I also hate the fact the story is going to be optional. What is the point in doing it, or completing any dungeons if you dont need to? Usually the things you get during the main story are actually required for you to complete the game. If you can just go and save the world with a boko spear then it just makes it all seem a bit pointless.
It seems if you want to speed run Gannon from the start fo the game, you will need your faming skills to ne at "Korean" level to beat Ganon. All the loot makes it easier.
Also apart from the speedrunning community, if you are not aiming to 100% Zelda games then you are missing out on most of the fun. Why pay up to $100 (or up to $200 for the colelctors edition) if you are just going to 15 minute speed run the game?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Actually, thinking about it, I find it hard to believe. I thought you needed to clear the four shrines on the plateau in order to get the hang glider? No way you can do that AND get all the way to the castle AND beat Ganon in 10-15 minutes, unless there's a way to get off the plateau immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom