• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cat face in Ocarina of time

As I play OOT more often, I always wonder about that creepy catlike face in the bottom of the well and in shadow temple. It looks like the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. That smiling face on the walls. can anyone tell me what that is meant to be?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
user5355326_pic21566_1278409371.jpg

I never saw it as a cat. It's just a creepy face resting on a pair of hands.

Helmaroc_King_Ganon-s800x498-267786.jpg

I always thought the one on Ganondorf's back in WW is inspired by it as there is some similarity there. If there is a real connection it has not been confirmed however and we can only speculate for now.

haha wow I never noticed the hands until you mentioned it! I always thought is was a face with a goatee on its chin.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
This is probably just a coincidence, but interesting either way, if you look at the lower part of the face, the space between the arms forms a tear drop and where the mouth should be is a slightly opened eye

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
This isn't a theory so wrong section.

The faceplates could be seen as grave markers. It is where the dead are buried after all

Salem

SICK
Does it look similar to the monster that wants to be human from SS or am I way off?

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Every OoT dungeon has these idols. Well not this specific one, this one's unique to the shadow temple and well. But they all have their own emblems and idols. The Shadow Temple also has those gargoyle/bat statues. I think it's just a decorative emblem meant to scare intruders off. Maybe they're grave markers? I don't think they represent any figure in particular... maybe dead hand?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
This is probably just a coincidence, but interesting either way, if you look at the lower part of the face, the space between the arms forms a tear drop and where the mouth should be is a slightly opened eye

I only noticed the teardrop shape. There's no eye in the mouth. However, in the 3DS version, not even the teardrop shape is present. As the face is defined more as that it was clearly meant to symbolize a person (an evil person to be exact). And that's not the only face we see. We also see this face:

tumblr_inline_ms746qHKHg1qz4rgp.png

The same face can also been seen differently here:

latest

Maybe that face represents Bongo Bongo? And the other one represents Dead Hand in a more human-like form?

Also, I always liked the idea that maybe Bongo Bongo was the incarnation of Demise before Ganondorf. And maybe Dead Hand is somehow related to Ghirahim.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
url-4.jpeg

latest
latest

When I played Ocarina of Time 3D this face looked more like a Chinese/Eastern Dragon to me (in the original OoT it was more like a human). I don't have a strong feeling that it might actually be a dragon but it looks most similar to the Elden and Faron from SS. I don't think it is supposed to rep' them, but if it was a dragon it would rep' a shadow or darkness dragon. There is no such dragon that we know of though and more likely is a demon or some form of human (living or otherwise).

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
url-4.jpeg

When I played Ocarina of Time 3D this face looked more like a Chinese/Eastern Dragon to me (in the original OoT it was more like a human). I don't have a strong feeling that it might actually be a dragon but it looks most similar to the Elden and Faron from SS. I don't think it is supposed to rep' them, but if it was a dragon it would rep' a shadow or darkness dragon. There is no such dragon that we know of though and more likely is a demon or some form of human (living or otherwise).

Hmmm...? Does- Does that look like.... PIG GANON!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom