• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild has Multiple Endings

Mido

Version 1
Interesting premise overall. It if is indeed memory collection-based, the main story may be more traditionally streamlined, which is fine by me. Can't say I have much else to say on the matter; the whole BOTW experience has me intrigued.

Honestly, as @the8thark has already pointed out, there's only one alternate ending, which isn't crazy uncommon for Zelda games. Spirit Tracks had 3 different endings, but it didn't divulge into three separate timeline splits or anything. The likely answer for what will happen is there will be a base ending of the game, with the alternate ending having more information and content tacked onto the end of the base ending that wraps it up better.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I love games with choices or multiple endings!!!! This looks like a good idea, and I'm wondering how they're going to implement it into the game's plot.

What if this alternate ending comes from beating Ganon without the Master Sword? Judging from Aonuma's comments about the game, I think this will be possible.

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
One alternate ending heavily implies that it'll be for purposes of completion, perhaps finishing all the Shrines and dungeons restores the Master Sword to it's full power, thus allowing Link to finish him for good?

While if you don't do that, perhaps they'll have to settle for sealing it.

?????? If you fail then it's game over. Game overs don't count as endings. You have to finish the game for it to be an ending.
No one said they can't. You either succeed at the game and get a good ending or you fail and get a bad ending. After the bad ending you reload your save and try again for the good ending.

It all matters on your opinion of things. I say they can be an ending. Others say they can't. I think it all matters of what each of our definition of an ending is.
Pro Tip: Neither of us is wrong, just different opinions.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
No one said they can't. You either succeed at the game and get a good ending or you fail and get a bad ending. After the bad ending you reload your save and try again for the good ending.

It all matters on your opinion of things. I say they can be an ending. Others say they can't. I think it all matters of what each of our definition of an ending is.
Pro Tip: Neither of us is wrong, just different opinions.
I highly ****ing doubt that's what Nintendo meant. Jesus Christ this is some heavy reaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom