• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Blue Flame (Minor Spoilers)

I was just wondering, the locations where you obtain the two blue flames, one for Hateno and other for Akkala, they both seem to be the same design/ mechanism that was the heart of the Divine Beasts. Does this mean there are possibly more out there, obviously in DLC. It's just an odd thought I had on my second time through.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They're probably the energy source that drew Robbie and Purah to those respective areas. They talk about them in their diaries and it sheds a little light on what they were doing for the past 100 years but not the actual furnaces themselves. They've been burning for 10,000 years according to the tips on the loading screen, so they were probably built by the same Sheikah that built the shrines, Guardians, and Divine Beasts. They're likely solely to power the Guidance Stones to help with the Sheikah Salte which was designed to help the hero, which is what all of the Sheikah tech was designed for.

Oh, well that's certainly neat. Thanks for the info, So much of it in this game it becomes difficult to find it all haha

Speaking of the blue flames ... I think we all know by now that you need to bring the flames at each of the locations (Hateno and Akkala) from the source to the labs. And, along those "paths" to get the flame from point A to point B, there are the lanterns on posts that you can light ... used to make sure that if your torch or wooden club goes out, you can re-light it without going back to the source.

However, I kept thinking that there would be some sort of "thing" that happens if/when you lit ALL the lantern thingys in each area. I was disappointed to find out that nothing special happens when you do light them all. To me, that was a missed opportunity. It would have been cool to have NO indication that lighting them all resulted in a reward of some kind, and that if you just happened to do it, you'd get a perk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom