• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bloodborne Mafia: A Paleblood Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yeah, that's why I think the idea of a no lynch isn't a bad one. It's just that in this situation I'm not sure if it gives us much of an advantage. It does have it's pros, but there are also some problems with it, which I pointed out. That's why I said I'm not sure if I entirely agree with it, but I won't fight against it because I do see the logic behind it.
How not? Would you rather:
3/8 chance at scum
Or
3/7 chance at scum

Either way, today or tomorrow, if we mislynch we lose. May as well have better odds. I agree that they will likely kill someone insignificant, which is fair, but not totally convinced that it will put town a worse position. Either it will be neutral or better depending on who scum kills.

Jamie

Oh I didn't see what you said about the majority. The obvious answer then is to agree as a group tomorrow who to lynch with fake votes, like so:
Nominate: Minish_Link
That way we destroy any chance of a sudden coordinated mafia bandwagon. On day 2 when it's agreed upon who we will lynch we will cast our votes accordingly. This also gives the nominee ample time to respond, and of course we can unnominate.

Jamie

By tomorrow I mean the in game tomorrow. By day 2 I mean the second real life day of the in game tomorrow.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
How not? Would you rather:
3/8 chance at scum
Or
3/7 chance at scum

Either way, today or tomorrow, if we mislynch we lose. May as well have better odds. I agree that they will likely kill someone insignificant, which is fair, but not totally convinced that it will put town a worse position. Either it will be neutral or better depending on who scum kills.

Of course a 3/7 chance is better, but it's also better for scum too because then the just have to convince 1 townie. From the way this game is going, I think scum would easily be able to do that since there has to be some really good players that are scum (given who is left).

However, the nomination vote idea makes sense. That could also be something we could possibly do today so we could see how people would vote, and it could give us more info going into the next day.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As a proponent of fake-votes in Smash 2, I'm down with this nomination plan.
Also, Jam, was that a legit nomination for Minish or an example? Just askin

Pen

The game is on!
I understand Minish_Link's view on the No-Lynch idea. I hadn't thought of it that way until she brought it up. However, I still think a No-Lynch today is safer. At least I will feel safer voting tomorrow than I feel voting today, just based on the odds. I know my own alignment so from my perspective tomorrow, I will have a 50% chance at voting for scum. And with some more discussion having been made between now and then, I hope we'll be able to get out of this rather sticky situation.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Holy crap guys. I've been moving for the past week and just haven't really been able to play. That said, I agree with the no lynch for today. Seems a good idea when we need to hit scum.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Holy crap guys. I've been moving for the past week and just haven't really been able to play. That said, I agree with the no lynch for today. Seems a good idea when we need to hit scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Okay, I'm able to use a better computer at the moment, so I finally go around to re-reading the thread and trying to find stuff that stood out.

First off, I just want to mention how the first two votes went. With LG's lynch there was Bok (Town), Me (Town- though not confirmed for you all yet), Karu, DekuNut, and ALIT (town). Then with ALIT's vote there was Pendio, Tristan, Jamie, and Me. I feel like ALIT's lynch was influenced a lot by the mafia, maybe because they may have discovered that he was the doctor, but most likely because they found an easy way to make others feel suspicious of him. There were a lot of townies on LG's lynch, and the mafia would have known that at least the first two votes on her were townies, so they might have set back and let other townies take care of it. Looking at the other two people on LG's lynch, if I had to choose one as a possible scum it would be karu. Like I said, mafia would know it was already being led by town, so I don't think Deku would have placed his vote there and gained so much suspicion if he were scum. However, I could see karu voting as scum because she was pretty defensive and might have panicked since it would be her first time being mafia. Now, on to ALIT's lynch. Like I said, I feel like scum had a lot of influence on that one. In order from most suspicious to least, I would have to say it would be Pendio, Jamie, then Tristan.

On to some reads of people. I think it's important for everyone to post their reads before the end of day, so I'm gonna try and post a lot of my thoughts now in case I'm targeted by mafia.

Maybe it's because Gummy hasn't played here in a while, but I find her play style quite off. Sure, she is as active as ever, but the way she has been going after karu seems odd to me. Her seasons for doing it aren't good even for day 1, and I can't help but find this play unusual for Gummy. Of course it could be because it's been a long time since I last played with her, but I think it's also a good possibility that she's up to something, well, quite fishy.

I think that was just karu trying to tone down the argument a bit by making a joke. Nothing strange in my opinion if my assumption is correct.

I believe this is part of what made ALIT suspicious about Pendio. He pointed out that Pendio originally said that LG was being suspicious, but then said he wasn't suspicious of anyone. For some reason, a few people disagreed with this and said that Pendio wasn't suspicious of anyone. I know that Pendio himself did say that he wasn't really suspicious enough to feel strongly enough to vote for anyone in particular, but he does say in this quote that he thinks it's a good possibility that she's up to something fishy. I'd say that thinking something was a good possibility would be strong enough to make someone want to vote for that person.

Gummy's wording there did catch my attention as well, but after having given it some thought I don't really think it's a slip. We're all part of a faction unless we're some lonely third party role. I think there are better things to accuse Gummy of, such as the way she went after karu, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, none of what's happened today makes me particularly suspicious of anyone, which is why I choose to stick with my early random vote.

Again, he says he thinks there are better reasons to go after LG, but then says none of it makes him particularly suspicious. This seems like maybe a bit of backtracking and not wanting to put his vote on LG so that he looks less suspicious. Especially since at this point, there were a few townie votes on LG already, so he wouldn't want to risk it.

After having looked through day 1 another time I didn't really find anything new. My main suspect is still ALIT even if my suspicion of him is not super strong.

Frankley, I find it near impossible to defend myself in a serious manner against day 1 votes. Most of the time they're part of the RVS, and even if they're not, the votes tend to be very loosely tied to anything that you can defend yourself against. Because of this I personally don't find Libk especially suspicious.

Once again, he thinks ALIT sticks out the most, but his suspicion is very strong. He's also not particularly suspicious of Libk after I posted some reasoning for being suspicious of him. This is where I started to find Pendio a bit odd. He seemed to cast some doubts on people, but never found anyone particularly suspicious. It just seems like he's taking a overly cautious approach so that he won't stand out as much. I would expect a townie to be more aggressive about scum hunting.

We need some action!

Vote: A Link In Time

This also seems odd to me. This was the first vote on ALIT. The call for action, as well as the lack of explanation with the post feels like it could be scum trying to start a lynch on someone. Especially after he had been a bit passive before this.

We know that Bok got to use his Watcher ability once before he died, and that was on the first night. The day following that night (which turned out to be Bok's last day) he was going after two players in particular, namely Jamie and Karu. I think it's possible that Bok watched Ken the night he died. If he did, he would have uncovered the identity of the killer, but he would have wanted to convey his discovery smoothly, not just to protect himself but also because role claims break the rules. Of course nothing is certain, but at least it's something worth discussing.

Bok obviously put in much more effort to get Karu lynched than to get Jamie lynched, so that does make me increasingly more suspicious of Karu.

Also, with Jamie's recent notion about how a No-Lynch could benefit us more today, I'm growing less suspicious of him. According to my calculations, the Town will lose if we lynch another Townie today, but if we don't lynch anyone we'll still get another chance at lynching scum tomorrow, a better chance. Since Jamie brought this up, I doubt he is scum seeing as the Mafia would just have to lynch a Townie today in oder to win the game. At least I am pretty sure that is how it would work. If I was to vote today I would vote for Karu, but I will be holding off on that.

This post is a little more aggressive in scum hunting than his others, and does feel kinda townie at first. However, it could be a really smart move to gain town cred by throwing suspicion on some scum buddies. He would know that he could use the no-lynch as an excuse not to vote, so he could cast doubt on anyone without really any consequences.

I am not at all seeing how LittleGumball is scummy. Seems to me she was making a joke at one point and then took something someone else did that they admitted was serious (unvoting Pendio) and noted how they thought it was a bit strange. Whether you think she's overreacting or not is rather irrelevant, I don't think she's playing out of character at all. I find it weird that people who weren't in a tie are voting for her for trying to scum hunt and if she flips town I'm going to be looking at the people on her lynch pretty closely. I wanna see a vote count before the day ends please @Johnny Sooshi

This is strong evidence of anything, but I think Jamie saying he doesn't see how LG is scummy could be a move to gain town cred if he is scum because he would know that LG was town. I still think that there were some pretty decent reasoning behind the LG vote (even if it was wrong), and it seems a bit odd that he said she was being lynched for scum hunting even though it was the opposite. Plus, he said he was going to look closely at the people on her lynch, even though they were also just scum hunting as well. Knowing that there were a few townies on this vote, it could be an easy was to cast suspicion on a lot of townies at once for the same reason.

I have to say I find it odd how Jamie sat most of the day out only to come in very late in the day to say that he didn't find LG suspicious while casting suspicion on several people. While I've only played one game with him it seems like quite the departure from his super aggressive pro town play style from last game.I don't think this is any decisive evidence but it could be a way to step in when it was pretty much already too late and get some town cred without really getting involved.

Back to Jamie, since it's not day one anymore he has been part of some discussion but seems to have flown under the radar this game. I want to hear his opinion on this before the day ends.

I have to agree with Bok here. I feel like Jamie has been less aggressive at scum hunting this game, and has flown under the radar the whole time. He's still pretty active and has cast suspicion on a few people, but it doesn't seem like his usual style of really going after people and finding lots of good evidence.

I have a strong town read on Bok and feel comfortable about karu being townie as well.

I don't recall anyone asking about this, so I'm a bit curious. Why do you feel comfortable about karu being town?

Now were up to this post. The apprent joke vote that caused the lynch. Still seems weird to me. If shed just quoted non serious votes I wouldnt have bothered, but quoting one serious that peopke could see as scummy and one non serious and voting for the ladder is weird. Despite my current knowledge, I still stand behind the reasoning for my later vote.

Looking back, I find this post a little... much. Karu is assuming that Gum is a newb and berating her vehemenately for a single sentence. Not only is she assuming Gum is newb and starting a bandwagon. As people have said, scum are very quick to defend themselves. Has Karu played scum before? I dont think so. As such, looking back, I see this is decently scummy and newbish.

ALIT is the other one I feel is a little weird. Just calling out a straight scumslip. Im pretty sure Gum is smarter than that. I did think about it a little when I read it, and found it weird, but I give Gummy more credit than that.

To explain why I dont put much stock in ties:
Unless someone switches wagons, one wagon cant surpass another without at one point being tied. So kicking at people who put wagons into ties can be kicking at people who are simply pushing for a large secondary wagon, which, at times, could be scummy. As such Im gonna go against the grain later and look into those people who find making ties scummy. Not because I support ties, but because I only find end of day ties to be scummy.
And yes, I do admit that my vote was late in the day. But I was going to be up before day end, and if my vote was going to lead to an end of day tie, i wouldve unvoted, similar to how I have in other such games.

But going off what i have now:
Vote: Karu

I also wouldnt stop a wagon on ALIT, but I find Karu to be more worthy of my vote right now.

Not entirely sure why, but this post reads town to me. Maybe it's because I agree with Deku's reasoning for the LG lynch, so I could see where he was coming from with that. I also agree with him that karu was pretty defensive, which could be a newbie scum tell. And again, I agree with why he found ALIT's vote odd as it was the reason I voted for him. I do also like that despite all the suspicion on ALIT, he offered (and voted for) and alternative with decent reasoning. This could have been so that he went in a different direction than his scum buddies, but I cast suspicion on karu earlier in this post so I can easily see it being a town move.

I also feel like Deku's been playing slightly differently than previous games where he was scum (which is just about every game I've played in I believe, haha). He seems more active and has had some pretty good posts. Though, I could be wrong about his town play style since I haven't really gotten to see it much.

Alright, I read back through the thread, and I'm just gonna do this.

Vote: Alit

That supposed "slip-up" that you mentioned would've been such a stupid slip to make that it's pretty much insulting to suggest that someone as experienced as LG would've made it. She's way more careful than that, and you should know that. Also, your vote reeks of fishing for evidence. Not only that, but your vote was the one that truly sealed LG's fate, as it occurred late in the day and stopped anybody from being able to tie it up. When I think about it, what I get is that you were trying to come up with some other reason why she may be scum so you can get some town points by deviating from the evidence everyone else used. Overall, I really don't like your vote.

My next two would be Deku and Karu, Deku is always hard to read though and my suspicion on Karu isn't that strong as it's based mostly on the post LG quoted.

I think Tristan had some good reasoning here when he said that ALIT's vote on LG seemed like it was fishing for evidence. Even though we now know that wasn't true, I agree that at the time it certainly did seem like that.

I wonder if Bok watched Karu night 1, and that was why he was going after her yesterday? I can see him doing that, after LG flipped town after being suspicious of Karu herself, it would make sense to use the role against her in that case. Makes me want to take another look at Karu.

I'll post more later, just wanted to get this little bit in. Also, I agree with you both in that Kris needs to post something of substance in here.
Going back to this, I later realized that I had Watcher and Tracker confused, so this no longer makes sense. Just wanted to get that out there.

As for current suspicions, I'm most suspicious of DekuNut, but I also have Jamie and Karu on my radar atm. I agree with Deku in that Kris is probably town, but if Deku is scum himself, then Kris still very well could be simply because Deku said that. I have a slight town lean on Libk and Minish, and I was leaning town on Pendio too but Alit's flip makes me want to potentially reread him.

I'm going to look into Jamie and Karu more, but for now, I think I'd be OK with a Deku lynch today.

With these two posts, I initially thought that Tristan has also pointed out something really good here as well regarding Bok's role. Then he pointed out his mistake in what the role was, so his first post isn't as sound. But since I made the same mistake as he did, I could see it being a townie getting confused. For some reason, I feel like scum would know for sure what the actions of the role were since they would have to deal with them and wouldn't make that mistake as easily. This isn't really strong evidence, but just something I found interesting.

I also like that he really seemed to be scum hunting in this post, and looking at different alternatives instead of going with who everyone else was casting suspicion of.

Then in your next post you voted for LG anyways. You went rather quickly from saying LG was town to wanting to vote her out because she wanted to vote for you. Just the way you did this so quickly looks rather defensive.

Bok pointed out something interesting here. Karu did originally say she had a town read on LG, but changed that as soon as LG started to question her. I agree with him that it looks pretty defensive.

Oh no 13 hours left?

Well I've looked back and found that ALIT's reason for voting on someone are weak. First it was LGumball, he voted for her due to a 'slip up'

This could be seen as town and mafia, we all have our part to play whether town or scum. Everyone else says that she's an experienced player and based on the interrogation she gave I believe she wouldn't of made such a slip up. There were other reasons to vote for her but you refered to them as over blown, care to explain please?

Secondly, your vote on Pendio. Yes he noted how some posts were suspicious but then again another vote on LGumball would of attracted action to him. Bandwagoning is very suspicious in itself especially if one is part of that bandwagon.

I find ALIT's reasons for voting for LGumball and Pendio can't be followed, at least not easily.

Also, Kris! You haven't even been active in the game. Care to explain why? And then who do you cast your suspicion upon? I'd also like to know what @DekuNut and @Jamie think on the recent activities.

I find her part about bandwagoning interesting. First off, she's really defending Pendio here. Maybe because they are scum buddies together? Also, she says bandwagoning is very suspicious, even though she was part of one in the first vote. The whole idea of bandwagoning being suspicious, especially if one is part of it feels like it could have been advice given to her by fellow scum buddies in regards to her first vote, and that's why she mentioned it then.

I think this logic here is quite a bit weak, no offense. ALIT voted for a very clear reason. He thought he saw a slip. I'm pretty sure there was nothing else behind it.

I am interested to hear why Tristan is on his scum reads though. Definitely not someone I'd think of.

I meant to mention this at the beginning of this day, but I forgot, so I'll do it here. At first, I thought this was pretty defensive. He said he thought my logic was quite weak, even though I clearly explained myself and I believe some others agreed with the logic. I felt like if ALIT flipped scum, Libk could be as well. If ALIT were scum, there would definitely be something else behind his vote on LG other than seeing a slip, and it seemed like that reason could have been to protect a scum buddy (Libk). However, giving this a second though, it almost seems to defensive to be scum. I think Libk might have genuinely not known ALIT's role, and was trying to be defensive in case he did flip scum since that would make him look suspicious.

So to somewhat sum this up, my reads are:

Scum- Pendio, Jamie, Karu

Town- Deku, Kris, Tristan

Neutral- Libk (though with a slight town lean)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm so sorry that posted twice guys. I thought it didn't go through the first time, and even opened it in a new tab and it wasn't there. @Johnny Sooshi, I know we aren't supposed to edit or delete, but if you want me to delete one of those (they're the exact same) since they're such long posts, I will.

Jamie

@Minish_Link as a mafia section mod I give you permission to delete the post, it clusters up the page.

Lynches like LGs usually have some scum on them, people pile on at the end. I think I had good reason to be suspicious of it.

I no longer am comfortable with karu (or anyone) being town now that we approach the end game. At the time I just didn't find karu to be especially scummy, but perhaps I am not great at reading her. Right now, she'd be one of the ones at the top of my radar for reasons you pointed out, as well as Deku for the aforementioned LG lynch. Pendio doesn't seem to be playing especially scummy to me, he seems to be playing the same as usual.

I'm not entirely sure why you put me so high on your scum list with so little supporting evidence. But I'm going to let my play speak for itself, I think I've done numerous pro town plays so far. You can look at my previous games for evidence that I'm not always super aggressive as town, only when something sticks out to me. As you have noted, the scum is likely to be pretty good, with only karu and Kris being less experienced. There have been very few slip ups this game and the most notable one (by ALIT) was by a townie.

Jamie

I meant for reasons you and Pendio have pointed out (with bok going after and voting for karu)

Jamie

Someone needs to hammer in the next 2 and a half hours or scum can pile on.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Minish_Link as a mafia section mod I give you permission to delete the post, it clusters up the page.

Lynches like LGs usually have some scum on them, people pile on at the end. I think I had good reason to be suspicious of it.

I no longer am comfortable with karu (or anyone) being town now that we approach the end game. At the time I just didn't find karu to be especially scummy, but perhaps I am not great at reading her. Right now, she'd be one of the ones at the top of my radar for reasons you pointed out, as well as Deku for the aforementioned LG lynch. Pendio doesn't seem to be playing especially scummy to me, he seems to be playing the same as usual.

I'm not entirely sure why you put me so high on your scum list with so little supporting evidence. But I'm going to let my play speak for itself, I think I've done numerous pro town plays so far. You can look at my previous games for evidence that I'm not always super aggressive as town, only when something sticks out to me. As you have noted, the scum is likely to be pretty good, with only karu and Kris being less experienced. There have been very few slip ups this game and the most notable one (by ALIT) was by a townie.

Thanks for letting me delete it.

You weren't particularly high on my scum list, since I'm not positive about anyone. Regarding me ranking you, Pendio, and Tristan, that was just looking at the people on the ALIT vote. I'd say I'm probably the most suspicious about Pendio. You and karu are about even in my suspicions, though karu might be just slightly above you. My read on you comes from what I posted above, and the fact that I think you would be one of the more likely players to not slip up and be able to subtley lead town in lynches. If I had to pick anyone else that I feel could also do the same it would be Tristan, but I felt he had a slightly more town read. To be honest, this game has gone extremely well for mafia, and there's not a ton to go on so I could see anyone being scum. I'm curious as to who you think could be the third mafia, besides Karu and DekuNut?

Jamie

Thanks for letting me delete it.

You weren't particularly high on my scum list, since I'm not positive about anyone. Regarding me ranking you, Pendio, and Tristan, that was just looking at the people on the ALIT vote. I'd say I'm probably the most suspicious about Pendio. You and karu are about even in my suspicions, though karu might be just slightly above you. My read on you comes from what I posted above, and the fact that I think you would be one of the more likely players to not slip up and be able to subtley lead town in lynches. If I had to pick anyone else that I feel could also do the same it would be Tristan, but I felt he had a slightly more town read. To be honest, this game has gone extremely well for mafia, and there's not a ton to go on so I could see anyone being scum. I'm curious as to who you think could be the third mafia, besides Karu and DekuNut?
I am really not sure. Kris seems to be townie to me, as does Libk, so I suppose it'd be a toss up between you, Tristan and Pendio. Granted, one of karu or Deku could not be scum as well, but I find it unlikely that they both aren't scum because that would basically leave it (in my mind) to you, Tristan and Pendio. Which, if you three are all scum then congrats, I don't see a situation where you don't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom