• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Binge or one at a time??

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
With streaming and that kinda thing you can binge your shows all in one go...or in the old days you had to wait for the next episode...which do you prefer??

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I prefer not to binge. I do believe that a lot of information and detail is lost when you binge. I will normally watch 2 or 3 episodes of something and I am good.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
It really deepens on the show. I binged some shows like Promised Neverland, Bungou Stray dogs, jjba etc. i.e shows with epic cliff hangers. On the other hand tho I somewhat liked Fruits Basket, I use to watch an episode in two days. I used to pause and be like damn that was nice and then mfw when I realize I just watched for 10 minutes. One the other hand there're shows like Vinland Saga that you can watch 1 to two episodes for one day and you think about it for the rest of the day

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I only watch 1 episode at a time. Never binge.
That way, I then have time aftewards to reflect on what happened in that episode and think about the show, theorize about what might happen and just let all the events sink in. That way I'm also much more excited when I watch the next episode.
For example, I recently started watching Shogun, and I've watched 3 episodes so far, even though there are 4 out atm. Because I made it a thing that I watch 1 episode on every friday night. That way the shows I watch also lasts longer ^^

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I usually prefer to binge, but I am fond of mostly binging something with a plot and then saving the final episode or two to watch weekly so you can speculate with others before it's released and watch the finale right when it comes out.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I prefer not to binge. I do believe that a lot of information and detail is lost when you binge. I will normally watch 2 or 3 episodes of something and I am good.
It's the opposite for me. I find binging allows you to retain more information and notice more details since you're not taking week long breaks inbetween episodes and waiting months between seasons where you're watching other things and scattering your attention elsewhere. I've made so many more connections and understood so many more references binging shows that I used to watch on regular TV for years.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I remember the days of finding a really engaging show and keeping up with it for several weeks, then going on a vacation or something where you miss a week or two of it, then forgetting about it. Then one day you remember it, go back to watch this amazing show on a streaming service years later, and finding out it is a steaming pile of mammoth dung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom