• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Biggest Improvements from SS to HW?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
There are some clear big improvements between Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors, but what are your thoughts on the biggest improvements on the two games? Mines just the powers and the graphics

Can SS and HW really be compared? They're completely different genres. I don't really think there are any "improvements" because HW isn't even a typical Zelda.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
HW is a spinoff and I don't think we can really compare it to SS. Not even with graphics because it's not supposed to be the next Zelda game after SS for the wiiu. It's just a spinoff.

Theyre nothing alike and not made by the same people.

The only thing i can really say to make sense of this is that the horde battle in SS should have played exactly like HW to keep the momentum and not have the stop-start irritation that it had.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
It got me to play it more than SS. Also got me to replay it several times after I beat Ganon. Less story, more action. Even though the maps are comparable to the SS warp zones, they feel less like zones.

I know Hyrule Warriors was marketed as a spin-off, but I agree with the sentiment of the original poster. To me, this was the next Zelda game. I know officially that is not true, and Hyrule Warriors will always be an oddity in the series. Yes, the gameplay is very different, but so is Zelda 2 and TriForce Heroes.

I do think the visual style of HW is in the same vein as Skyward Sword. There was something about the look of Skyward Sword that seemed off to me, but I think HW took that style and made it work a little better. I can't quite describe what I mean, but the look seems more consistent, so that's an improvement in my eyes.

I must agree with all the other, you can't compare hyrule warriors to skyward sword. Hyrule Warriors is fun but it is not a Zelda game. I guess you can compare graphics but that is like comparing a n64 game to a gamecube game in regards to graphics (ok maybe not that big of a leap...)

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Well, SS is a mainstream zeldagame with a story.. whereas Hyrule warriors is mostly a tribute game thrown together by nintendo and tecmo mixing together some games.....
in that, they included elements from the games... and overall places and reanimated them.... whereas SS is an actual zelda with puzzles and a long story... Hyrule warriors is mostly action based and takes your attention being there for a perfect gameplay. you fight ur way through the games and find treasures....
you get small introductions with characters from other games..... such as in the SS arc...fi and a brief intro story for ppl that need to know a bit without playing the game.....

In general, both are really different games... but Id say HW is a worthy tribute to SS and all other games showcased in it!

There's definitely an expectation that the player is vaguely familiar with Skyward Sword while playing. Twilight Princess also. I don't think this game would have much appeal to people who hasn't played those games.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There are some clear big improvements between Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors, but what are your thoughts on the biggest improvements on the two games? Mines just the powers and the graphics
Jeez maybe that Hyrule Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors game and uses Dynasty Warriors mechanics???

D

Deleted member 14134

Although it's not a Zelda game and I never played it I think that Fi being useful is probably the best improvement over SS.

If I had to compare them, I would say that Hyrule Warriors has much more to offer in terms of replayability than Skyward Sword. Yes, SS had side quests and chests and stuff, but done was done. I never did a side quest twice because there'd be no point to it. But I will (and have) replayed the same levels in HW even after A-rank and Skulltulas and stuff just because it's fun. Take the hundreds of hours of gameplay the maps offer and the variability the horde of characters give and you've got a lot to keep you interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom