• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best year for you?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We are coming to the end of 2016. It's had some good points and bad points but there is almost no way it will ever make best year for me personally. I know its a great time for the world overall with God Emperor Trump being elected, but unless my euromillions numbers come up soon I can't say its the best year for me.

Of all the years I have experienced so far my best has got to be 2007. I met my two best friends that year and it is a friendship that has lasted to this day. It is also the year I actually got my Wii. I decided in 06 that I wanted one but it was 07 when that desire was actually fulfilled. We even had to travel to another city to get it because they were sold out everywhere but that make it even more exciting. I then played what would become my favorite game which would provide many times for me. I of course refer to Twilight Princess.

I remember 2007 as a carefree and happy time overall and being British it is rare to ever have difficulty being able to complain about something, however I actually don't have any negative memories which I have kept from that year. So I have got to give my No.1 year spot to 07.

What is your best year?

Feverish

Source of stink
I've yet to have a year that stands out as the best but last year was pretty alright. I went through every day easily and didn't have anything really kicking me in the shin. And then 2016 came along

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My best year was 2014, without a doubt. Not only did I graduate high school that year, but I also completely fixed any broken relations I had with my father (with whom I am now very close to), found my first truly stable job (that payed well to boot), dated the girl of my dreams (the relationship didn't work out, but it's ok because we're still great friends and we had a a great time anyway), and had the best birthday of my life. I guess turning 18 didn't hurt too. Add in my trip to San Francisco, attending my high school prom, making a name for myself around town, and getting a new niece, and I don't really have much to complain about in 2014. It was a pretty good year.

2015 was definitely the best year of my life thus far. I was able to mend relationships with all of my friends, both in real life and online, and I felt there was a peace that presided over the end of the year. It was also a very good year for me academically. My Physics I teacher was the first truly worthwhile bond I made with a science professor at my university, and it helped this year with him writing a letter of recommendation for me. I also discovered my interest for biochemistry last year. This year is a close follow-up, however, with me meeting a new great group of friends though my chemistry classes this year and prevailing over some of my toughest classes yet. Plus, I was very satisfied with the way the 2016 election ended.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One of the best years in my life was 1984. I got so many great memories about that year. Great movies too at that time and in general. The summertime was very funny and we even took a whole school down (it was supposed to be taken down right after summerbreak) and the year already started great. Yeah 1984 is still the best year for me when it comes to memories and stuff.

The best year for me so far is probably 2011 or 2012. Both years had low points but the good pretty much outweighed the bad. I was way more happy positive and optimistic back then. I got back into Zelda and video games in general in August 2011. I joined the ZD forums a second time on June 12th 2012. Found out about Zeldathon in December 2011 thanks to this site. It was also a time where I was really into TV shows like Community, Chuck and Parenthood. It kind of makes me sad looking back in those two years. If I had to chose I would say 2012. 2013 was the year thing started to a bit downhill. I got a bit off topic. I can go on and on about years in my life lol.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Personally, 2016 has been the best year of my life so far.

This year I've removed some negative people from my life and strengthened connections with my two best friends who I'm very comfortable with now and have been able to fully come out of my shell with them which is great. I've also met many new people this year through work and University.

This year I also have been blessed with my first international travel experiences.

In February, I travelled to Japan with 11 other students from my University to do an internship with a large Japanese trading company and holiday for one month total. Most expenses (flights, hotels etc) were covered by the Australian Government and the company itself so I could afford to go. I was able to travel to Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara.

During the mid year break I travelled to China for two weeks as one of 10 uni students from Australia selected by a large Chinese Tellecoms Company. They paid all expenses for this trip so it didn't cost me a cent. In Beijing, I went to the Great Wall of China, saw many cultural attractions, and learned some Mandarin at Beijing Language and Cultural University. Then in Shenzhen I was taught about the company's technical equipment at their University/Training Facilities.

This month I travelled to Japan again for just over one week, this time all paid for by the Japanese Government as one of 25 students selected from Australia. I studied peace and got to visit Tokyo, Nagasaki, and Hiroshima.This was a very special experience and I'll never forget my time with my host family and having the opportunity to speak to (I believe) the last English speaking surviror of the Hiroshima A-Bomb.

On these programs I've networked with employees at various companies, students from Denmark, Portugal, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, and every state of Australia. I've been able to grow a lot this year and these connections will serve me well in the future.

This month I also was informed by my University that they'll be paying for my trip to Japan next month, where I'll be studying Japanese for two weeks at Meiji University in Tokyo. Then I've extended for another two weeks so I can visit Sapporo, Sendai, and Shizuoka too. I hope that I'll remain a frequent traveler because I love it so much.

2013-2014 especially were very bad years for me (the final two years of high school), so I'm glad that things have turned so much around so well.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Definitely sometime before I had any obligations so probably one of my toddler years. Those were pretty chill.

Salem

SICK
It's hard to say, I wanna say 2014 because I finally got a job after long time of being unemployed, but that was the same year military service was announced in my country, so I dunno.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
2007-2010 were pretty good (with the exception of the removal of Wilderness in RuneScape of course). Other thant hat I don't remember much. my double digit IQ is acting up right now

Either 2013 or 2009. It was the year I graduated from high school, so it felt great to be finished, disputes having to be in dept shortly after. I also met my current BF and college friends then too.

2009 was my first year in high school. I usually don't get fantastic grades, but I did awesome as a freshman. Very little stress that year.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
2012 was a really good one for me. It started with uncertainty, but it was the year I got a permanent position at my job, bought my own place and just generally went to feeling more certain about my future. I've had good years since, but that one was a real solid one. It was the year I felt most of the pieces of the puzzle fell in place.

Brian Frost

JPEG DEATH
My favorite year, and I'm somewhat preoccupied with it, was 1985. May I remind you of U2, Blondie, music still on MTV. MY two children who are now in high school constantly tell me that I'm uncool, but this is meaningless. Millennials do not quite understand the joy of White Snake. I know every line to all the classics like the Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. You all don't get it !!!

!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom