• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Best plot twist in a video game

I've put a spoiler warning in this but i'll try and dodge them if i can.

Quick and easy thread, which video games have had a twist in their plot that you've really enjoyed?

For me it'd be in Tales of Xillia when the Lance of Kresnik fires... wasn't expecting what happened there.

Dan

Sonic 2 where you discover that sonic isn't the fastest thing alive like the advertisements and game manuals tell you, Dr robotnik is actually able to outrun sonic, I cried when I found this out.

Final Fantasy VII when you figure out
Cloud isn't even in Solider, and never was. That he basically stole most of his identity from Zack Fair.

Tarranigma - When you find out:
Everyone in Crysta is just a clone of someone topside. Even your own Ark you play as.
The Elder is actually also the final boss in the game.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That's a tricky one.

I'd say Spec Ops: The Line has one of the best plot twists in gaming; for all the shortcomings of game-play that title has, the story is absolutely on point. I won't discuss what happens since anyone who's played it knows exactly what happens and I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who might one day enjoy it, but damn it's good. When everything's getting explained to you it's just... waaaaaat?!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I don't know if "best" plot twist, but the ending in Saints Row was pretty ... unexpected, to say the least.

And ... in Xenoblade Chronicles (which is a plot-twist in and of itself), so far (I haven't finished it), when you discover that
the Machina are the people of the Mechonis, not the Mechon ... I never expected there to be other people living there.

I always kind of knew that HUGE SPOILER
Fiora was still alive ... I don't know how, but I just knew. And it was cool to see that I was right, but it was still a huge plot twist to know that Face Mechon are people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom