• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Movies of 2016

Pen

The game is on!
Now that 2016 has been over for about three weeks, perhaps it's time we discuss the films of that year. In my opinion 2016 was a really good year for movies. Sure there were a lot of bad ones, but I think there were also a whole lot of really awesome ones too. Overall I'd say 2016 is one of the best movie years we've had yet. I'll share with you all my own list (from best to worst) of all the films I've seen that were released last year.

01. Doctor Strange
02. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
03. Captain America: Civil War
04. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
05. Star Trek Beyond
06. The Jungle Book
07. Arrival
08. Alone in Berlin
09. X-Men: Apocalypse
10. The Legend of Tarzan
11. Deadpool
12. Suicide Squad
13. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
14. Jason Bourne

My top two (Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) are very close for me, and they were coincidentally also released around the same time. Doctor Strange was a film that I was excited to watch for a lot of reasons and my expectations for it were thus quite high. However, the film managed to live up to my expectations and succeed them with brilliance. Fantastic Beasts on the other hand was a film that I had very low expectations for before seeing it and it ended up completely blowing me away. Even though Doctor Strange gets my number 1 spot in the list, Fantastic Beasts has my favourite main character out of all the films from last year.

Captain America: Civil War was my definite favourite film of the year for quite some time seeing as it was released a lot earlier than many of the other films at the top of my list. Civil War managed to bring me even deeper into the Marvel fandom and I was so happy to finally see Spider-Man in the MCU. Also, it was lovely being treated to both a Star Trek film and a Star Wars film in the same year. And they were both really good too in my opinion.

I could go on talking about all of these films, but perhaps that can wait. Maybe you disagree with me on something. In that case, feel free to say so. I'd be happy to discuss. Please share your own lists and tell me what you thought about the movies that came out in 2016. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom