• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beggining of the Timeline

M

majorasmask

some people have thought minish cap as the first or some thought ocarina of time was first of course at the moment skyward sword is first but either could be because the sword in minish cap the sword came from the sky :)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Well yes that is true the picori blabe did come from the sky however I dont think the legend of the Picori Blade has anything to do with Skyward Sword. I do however place the Minish Cap after SS and be fore OoT on my Timeline and heres why.:D

1. The game is Unique.
Now I understand one could easily say so is OoX or the Fs games but thats not what I mean, Basically it doesn't have ganon or ganondorf mentioned in it at all and the Triforce only has Cameos in the game.

2. The Geography.
To me geography doesn't matter when making a timeline since its always going to change its shape, The only thing is the general location of key elements of Hyrule like the Master Sword. The minish cap has a version of Hyrule that is basically 100% different, never have we seen Mt. Cernel or the Minsh Woods before. their unique.

3. (my favorite) The Locals.
Whats missing in the minish cap? Well Zoras, Gorons, Gerudos, or basically every other race we've come to know other than Hylians, granted gorons did appear there was no set form of people amoung them the 9 (I think) we see in the game are just traveling through. Your most likley asking what does this have to do with the timeline. Well to those who remember in the OoT backstory a war takes place I'm not sure if it was mentioned but there was something about the races uniting, anywho the war has become among some fans as a war that united the races of Hyrule under the Hylian Royal Family. So to sum this up without rambiling the difference of the Minish Cap and the lack of races would make it perfect for a pre-unification war (the fan name for the war that ended right before Oot) and a pre-OoT game.;)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
they probably got it mixed up. aounuma said officially, skyward sword is the first. he always said (and miyamoto) Oot is the first. never heard them mention Minish minishy mish mish Cap! .... Minish! lol

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'd have thought the lack of Gorons, Zoras and the like would make it even more likely that it'd be after OoT. If any/all of the races are native to Hyrule (or the land surrounding), then their lack in a game could well mean the disperse of the races rather than them not arriving yet (only to get pushed around by Ganondorf for hereditary stones/keys to the Sacred Realm seal).

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
SS is not confirmed to be first in the timeline, but is confirmed to be before OoT. This means it could be in between MC and OoT. And yes, your statement could be a connection between SS and MC.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
SS is not confirmed to be first in the timeline, but is confirmed to be before OoT. This means it could be in between MC and OoT. And yes, your statement could be a connection between SS and MC.

Aonuma said:
this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time. If I said that a certain title was 'the first Zelda game',[sic] then that means that we can't ever make a title that takes place before that!
source
Obviously, he wouldn't have explained why he can't call it the first game unless it would otherwise be the first game.

Aonuma said:
I think we've talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time.
source
One would have to go far out of one's way in order to suggest that this doesn't prove SS-OoT. OoT was first. Now SS is. No other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom