• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bank and Shop Suggestions

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Everyone

Today I have added two new add-ons to the forums, one for money, and the shop.

Firstly, the money add-on. You earn money by doing various activities around the forums such as:
- Login ($1 - once per day only)
- Having a birthday ($50 - once per year only)
- Complete your profile ($20)
- Follow a user ($1)
- Unfollow a user (-$1)
- Gain a follower ($5)
- Lose a follower (-$5)
- Post on another member's profile ($1 - up to 10 per day)
- Receive a post on your profile ($1 - up to 10 per day)
- Update your status ($2 - once per day only)
- Post New Thread ($20 per thread)
- Create a Poll ($10)
- Vote in a Poll ($2)
- Have a thread Sticky'd ($50)
- Make a Post ($5 per post)
- Receive a like ($1)

All above amounts are subject to change and suggestion below, so feel free to provide feedback on those. Any acquired money will also be able to be sent to other members as gifts.

You'll be able to use acquired money in the shop to purchase permissions, at the moment you can purchase a subscription to a private forum called Lorule Lounge, which is supposed to be a more relaxed forum where the forum rules will be more relaxed (will clarify this later on, but as a general idea a lower post quality will be expected there so you can post more casual things than elsewhere).

More permissions will be added soon, feel free to suggest them as well as any feedback below.

Last edited:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
We should be able to purchase fonts. And Pokemon like before. Also I can already feel the memery that's going to go down at Lorule Lounge.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To get the $1 for logging in, do we actually have to, like, physically login? Cuz I'm constantly signed in so I don't have to bother with that, cuz I'm lazy :P

As for suggestions, I liked being able to buy things, like masks or Pokemon, to display in our postbit. That was always fun. I also really enjoyed being able to purchase gifts for people that also show up in their postbit, if that's possible.

Also pls bring back stalker goggles i love stalker goggles

Username customizations would be welcome if Xenforo allows such an option. :)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I also really enjoyed being able to purchase gifts for people that also show up in their postbit, if that's possible.
^I second this. I think it'd be great if we were able to purchase gifts for users to display on their profiles, like we were able to do before we switched to XenForo.

EDIT: Also on the index, at the top-right, above the staff online box where your personal info is displayed, would it be possible to make the "money" info appear underneath the "like" count rather than above the "messages" count?

Last edited:

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
This seems like a pretty interesting concept! At first, when I saw "Money" up in the top right corner, I thought ZD added micro transactions, which honestly doesn't make sense now that I think about it XD. Hmmm... how about adding custom fonts? Maybe you can purchase fonts from the shop, or make your own? Also, you could sell exclusive themes to change the forum's look.

Ah, so that's what that was about. I thought that was a cruel way for ZD to remind me I should get a job.

On a more serious note though, won't this kind of encourage spamming?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
On a more serious note though, won't this kind of encourage spamming?
A few years ago when we were on a different forum software, we used to have a gold system and a shop in place and, from memory, there was no notable increase in the amount of spam. It's against the rules anyway to make spam posts, so I'm sure the mods will deal with any spam accordingly if it does happen.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
We should be able to buy new smileys and use in the forums. We should also be able to buy a new color that shows on our Avatar name.

So for example, instead of:
Lozjam(in white)
I could have it as:
Lozjam

Also, I think Likes should get the person way more money(perhaps even $5) to encourage quality posting. Quality over quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How did Jimmy get 9,936 so fast?

Lol, anyway I think if we could do some of the popular things that the VBshop had that'd be cool.

Username and Usertitle customization.

The option to buy masks and pokemon, just stuff that people can buy and have down around their postbit.

Maybe we can try a betting system?

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@Jimmy.F27 So the concept of that Lorule Lounge is you have to either buy in weekly, or monthly? I see that there is a lifetime option but it's unavailable. Wouldn't it be better to have a yearly option to purchase, a price of $2,160? That way people can pay one time and have a full year with it instead of paying 12 times each month.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Can we disable that notification that tells you "you got $5 for posting" also can we get the currency for the different nationalities?
Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. It also looks like we can change our preferences to turn off our own ways of getting credit. For example, I can disable myself from receiving credit for posting, this stops the alerts but makes it so I won't get credit for posting at all.

Edit: I assumed that, but it turns out you can manage notification preferences but still get credit. So I jumped to false conclusions, lol.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. It also looks like we can change our preferences to turn off our own ways of getting credit. For example, I can disable myself from receiving credit for posting, this stops the alerts but makes it so I won't get credit for posting at all.

But i like getting credit i dun wanna turn it off T.T

CURSE YOU EVIL CREDIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom