• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Azure's Short Stories

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hi guys. This is a general thread for short stories and one shots I come up with. If I write something like that, I'll post it here.

I'm going to start with some vocab quizzes from my English class. I'm not gonna post them all at once, just one at a time. The quiz was to write a paragraph using vocab words from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I'll reproduce them here, with the vocab words underlined.
(Naturally, they won't be the only things I post in this thread. There will be more stuff eventually.)

Here's the first one. It's kinda rushed and boring, but eh, I got a 100% on it, so I'm not complaining. :3

The reflections of light were luminous on the water of the estuary in this sedentary night. Sunrise was still quite a ways in the offing. These spectral lights glowed with such a propensity that it seemed as if they were forced to glow as part of some ascetic job. The source of these diaphanous lights seemed to be inscrutable as they floated down towards the straits.

Like I said, rushed and boring, but I think the other ones are much more interesting, considering I actually tried harder for those. xD I'll post the next one tomorrow.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love the vocabulary...a great insight for one not so versed in language as myself. Still, it's an incredibly boring piece (as you noted), so I give it a degrading 4/10 because the other 6 points were erased by boredom.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks guys. :3 Now it's time for the second Heart of Darkness vocab quiz. I got a 100% on this, too. =D

I'll be sure to post more short stories instead of paragraphs soon. Once I've posted the last two vocab quizzes, I'll move on to some more interesting stuff... eventually. xP

As my companion spoke to me sententiously, I merely nodded along with his words while wearing an insipid expression on my face. I listened like a somnambulist listens to those who try to wake him. My mind was elsewhere; somewhere far away from my companion's words. I could not get it out of my head, and nor did I want to. The memory was becoming immutable, and I wanted to hold onto it for as long as possible. It was the memory of that enigmatic place, those august ruins which appeared to have been fit for a king at one time. It looked like the sort of place that held a venerable artifact, waiting in some secret room atop some pedestal for the Knight Errant sent to retrieve it. While I was there I found no such thing, but I did hear an ominous noise that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. It was almost like the sound of a concertina, although there was no melody or rhythm to it. I regretted not investigating that sound before I left the ruins. I wanted to go back to that mysterious place and search for the source of that sound; and I would, if my companion would stop his constant babbling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom