• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you an early bird or a night owl?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
images.jpeg-147.jpg

download.jpeg-6.jpg

I generally wake up early. But I pull all nighters with my friends once in a while watching movies on Discord. So, you wake up before the sun or wake up later at 0800 hrs or wake up at noon?

(Note: I will not send you notifications based on the data you provide here)

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to be a night owl gor a long time. Sleeping in late and getting up late. But the last couple of years I go to bed between 10 and 11pm and get up around 8am. I really hate to get up early for work. And then I mean getting up around 4am. Fortunately in a few weeks time I'm getti.g a steady schedule. Starting around 3pm. I lile this better :D
But I'm no longer a night owl. I'm more of an angry early bird :D

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I think the phrase is, "Early Bird or Night Owl."

But, I'm a Night Owl. Always have been. I generally go to bed with my wife at 10 pm, but I usually don't fall asleep until 2 or 3 AM, and I generally wake up around 9:30 or 10 AM.

So I average around 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep a night.

Stimulant medications effect this too. Gotta love trying to balance managing ADHD and sleep when the medications have a known side effect of effecting your sleep patterns.

That's kind of hard for me to get a decision on, on average I have 5 hours of sleep everyday. I usually go to sleep at around midnight, and wake up at 5:00 in the morning. So maybe both?

Night owl, most definitely. Even when I was a wee little bab, I had trouble sleeping at night and staying awake during the day. Nowadays, I generally sleep from 2AM to 10AM.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Night owl, but only because I'm not a morning person. I go to bed at 9 and wake up at 6:30 on work days, but even then I'm still tired until like 1 pm even with all that sleep. I do not function and maximum efficacy before noon no matter how much sleep I get. On my days off, I almost never leave the house before 12 no matter what, unless I absolutely have to, even assuming I plan to go anywhere at all. This is because it takes me that long to actually feel awake. To reiterate, I am not a morning person.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm a night owl for sure, I don't like to sleep before midnight and I'm not a morning person. The thought of waking up before 8am is torture for me and as a kid in school and even in university sometimes it would require an early start. It is one of the reasons for me starting my own business as it allows me to set a schedule which suits my natural circadian rhythm more.

I aim for 8 hrs sleep a night as I feel awful on less.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
It really differs with me. I don't mind waking early and I stay up pretty late sometimes. I try not to stay up to late though. Sleep is really precious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom