• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are we seeing the Switch successor come out this year?

Is it coming out this year?

• yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • no

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Well, it's increasingly looking likely that I'm taking an L for my initial 2024 prediction.

I didn't think that Nintendo would ride out an entire year off of remakes and Princess Peach Showtime, but it's looking to increasingly be the case.

I'm thinking a March 2025 release for Switch's successor nowadays.
Hey, if people keep buying these $60 graphical touchups then Nintendo has no reason to stop. :eyes:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Gamecube games are getting expensive nowadays so I'd argue $60 for The Thousand Year Door is pretty good.

But it's definitely overpriced for Luigi's Mansion 2.
I guess in terms of pure collectability, but it doesn't feel good from a content and price point perspective. It's asking players spend $60 on a gussied up GameCube game with a fancy hat. I'm sure people will, because Nintendo, but I'd still point to emulation as a superior option.

Nintendo isn't exactly trying to keep this games available, so piracy feels just fine.

There have been a lot of sources recently pointing to the idea that the next console was originally going to release this year, but has been delayed to next year. I wonder if that’s just because of a lack of new titles.

Considering all of the remakes we're getting this year, Nintendo really has no excuses so I certainly hope their next system will have a strong launch line-up. This isn't like the Wii U days where Nintendo wasn't used to longer HD development times.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Considering all of the remakes we're getting this year, Nintendo really has no excuses so I certainly hope their next system will have a strong launch line-up. This isn't like the Wii U days where Nintendo wasn't used to longer HD development times.
Well like I’ve said before, 2023 was a packed year for better or for worse. I completely understand why they don’t have much of anything to show for 2024 so far.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
At this point it seems like next year is more likely which at least gives me a chance to get caught up on finishing out some of my backlog that's been neglected.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The real question is will the next Nintendo console have betters specs than the Steam Deck, a portable gaming PC that can run modern PC games and that will currently cost you $350? :eyes:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Nintendo's really under no pressure to pop out new tech as long as success is still up, and it still is as of now. No earlier than next year, I'd say. I do think it'll be in the first half of 2025, though.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I definitely don't see it releasing this year. Most likely it will be next year. I think we'll know for sure in a few months in a Direct if the plan is to release Q1 2025.

I'm more interested in the first party lineup during the launch window, and I'd prefer they take time to make it solid before they release the new console. The Switch was lucky considering Breath of the Wild was a launch day title. People could look forward to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2. Super Mario Odyssey wasn't far down the line either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom