• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Apple or Android?

I have iOS, basically because I don't know any better / have no interest in the technical side of things.

I really like how efficiently iOS runs, and how easy it is to use. I never owned an Apple product until 2013 (except for an old iPod), and since then I've been gradually switching to Apple stuff (Nokia to iPhone, PC to Mac, Android tablet to iPad, Apple TV). I actually really like technology, but prefer Apple anyway, which many people don't understand. Oh well.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I switched to iOS when the 2 previous phones I had both got their support dropped by the manufacturer like 3 months after I bought them.

But I think Android is the superior OS.

Reading through I am surprised to see Android seems to be more popular. Don't get me wrong I also choose Android over Apple. I just didn't expect there would be that many who would think the same as me.

I swapped from Apple to Android earlier this year, and I have to say I prefer the layout of Android devices. They also seem stronger, and withstand more damage than an apple could.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Apple all the way, they are much more reliable and they just never seem to get bugs I have a mid 2010 MacBook and I'm just now beginning to think of replacing it. Whereas a PC would have been out of date years ago.

I swapped from Apple to Android earlier this year, and I have to say I prefer the layout of Android devices. They also seem stronger, and withstand more damage than an apple could.

Just get a case bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty soon MCPE will be fully compatible with iOS so I won't need android, but the google play store still has better apps. Unfortuantly the only android devices I have access to are kindles and the only device with the google play store is my dad's phone.

I definitely prefer Apple for phones. It is simpler and easier to use, and I like the idea of having cute/nice looking cases. If you ask me, a phone should be more on the simple side and I like the idea of choice when it comes to cases.
I put the more complicated side of things into my computers, but for my phone it's definitely Apple.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Which format do you prefer and why?

And is there something the the other has that you still like over your own?

For phone and tablet I prefer Apple, but completely recognize that Android is better in many ways. I just like how easy it is with Apple.

Because Apple are status symbols. For Apple fans, you're not in unless you keep up with the latest products despite how little difference there is between each one. And they're almost never called by the names of their type of product. It's always the Apple brand name. Unless they're specifically pointing out which exact item they purchased, Android users use generic terms and are not going to use brand names in typical casual conversation to refer to their own devices. Apple fans don't do this. To android users they would say they're going to use their phone, tablet, laptop. To the typical Apple user, they will almost always instead say they're going to use their iPhone, iPad, or Macbook. Always the Apple brand names. Go ahead and try not to notice this, it can't be done. It's always about status. And being obsessed with pointing out that they are using an Apple device is part of that status. It's why none of them care about the inferior quality and elevated price, because they are not going to be in if they don't have it. And to a lot of people that's all that matters even if they don't consciously realize it. It's a natural human impulse to gravitate towards accepting peer pressure to fit in and this is one such thing that's common for us now.

My own sister obsessively purchases the latest iterations of every kind of Apple portable device for every single member of her immediate family. Don't ask me how they can afford it because we have no idea and are assuming they can't and are simply building up massive debts. They also replace their cars and camper every couple years.

I can definitely see your point. And you can definitely tell which apple users are into it mainly for the brand name by how they don't case their phones or tablets. I see this a lot on people selling off their iphones with broken screens or complete brand new models because they got the wrong colour. And the people jumping at the chance to buy them...

But saying that it's about the brand and only about the brand is a bit too much of a generalization. I'm the first to admit that Android is most likely far superior in many ways, yet I still prefer apple products. The battery isn't removable, sure, but I still have a pretty decent battery life. No way to add on storage, sure, but the extra memory card didn't really help me out when I had an android phone as I couldn't store the additional apps I wanted, so in that regard I got a much better storage solution with my iphone. No way to add on apps outside of iTunes without jailbreaking - not really a problem for me as the apps I want are on iTunes anyway. More expensive maybe, but with the sea of phones out there you kind of need to dedicate a lot of time to proper research to find the cheaper comparable phone, and honestly my iphone didn't really cost me that much, because I waited long enough to get a pretty decent deal on it (and it's still going strong 2 years later). I've dropped my phone countless times and the biggest damage I've had is a slight miniscule dent in the upper corner where the protective casing broke off - because I'm not an idiot who just wants to show off my brand name phone, I kind of want to make it last properly.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Got a Galaxy (non-explodey one) in December to replace my iPhone 5
112011-Kuzco-Im-so-happy-gif-Imgur-em-gEiI.gif

I prefer Apple for their phones, but I think that this is mainly because I've used them (well, family members have used them) for a long time, and haven't had much exposure to Android phones. I think it'd be too big a change for me to switch now. I also think that the exposure to Android that I have has been bad, which has influenced my decisions. I have an android tablet, and I don't like it very much, because it seems to crash a lot, and is rather bulky.

@Emma As for brand-name usage, I generally call it an IPhone, but not because it's the greatest or something. I started calling it an Iphone because that's what it is. It is an Iphone. it's just a force of habit. The same way I've always considered tablets by android as Tablets. I originally thought that only android could use the name, 'tablet', and it wasn't something generic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom