• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any programmers here?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm an Electrical-Computer Engineering major, so I program some. I know Flash, HTML, C, C++, and some Python (haven't used it in a while, but I think I remember it being pretty similar to C). I got into it because I had friends in high school who would mod Minecraft, and it seemed like a cool idea. I still haven't (Can't speak Java I'm afraid), it got me into it.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm going an Electrical Engineering major, however I only have minimal experience with programming languages. I'll get more experience as I progress possibly

In the class I'm currently taking I'm working with Labview and Matlab.
I find Labview to be really interesting in that it is a very visual language. I really like it even though I know plenty who'd rather use a more traditional language.

Haha this is funny! I went through a 6-year Electronics Engineering program, and there I learned about C, C++, Python and Assembly. I tried some programming before college but I really got into it during it, and as time went by I realized more and more that that was my favorite part of it. My first job was firmware programming, but I currently am a web developer, so I'm mostly up to date with PHP, JavaScript, bash, and CSS + HTML (not really languages, but I use them all day.)

Lanky Kong

borf
A few years back I learned some Javascript, but I didn't get very far. I've pretty much forgotten everything by now.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
PHP, Java, Python (forgotten a lot of it), C++, that's the most of what I use. I know a bit of Ruby and JavaScript and some program-specific languages like DM Code for BYOND.

I was always making text games way back when I was a kid in BASIC. Learned QBASIC and VisualBASIC. Took a class on Pascal. These languages are deader than Latin now, I suppose.

I have worked a lot with HTML in my current job as a copy editor, and I have just recently taken some courses to learn CSS and Javascript. I feel comfortable with those but don't have much experience actually writing with them. I am currently trying to pick up some JQuery and Ruby.

I used to like C/C++ a lot, but now that I'm taking Python in college I'm really starting to fall in love with its simplicity.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Aspiring programmer.

Currently work for a software company doing SQL for them. But I am going to school for Web Development. Learning Java and Python right now. C# in the summer....and that's all I have planned for now. But I want to learn more.

Hi! Currently learning R and Python, but started off in Mathematical Programming, specifically mixed integer linear programming and non-linear programming for statistical, forecasting, simulation and optimization solutions in a supply chain analytical setting. Mostly use CPLEX and Gurobi for optimization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom