• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An emboldened Hero?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Yeah I guess you are right, but if you consider that the evil that they are facing is so great that it nearly wiped out hylians, that would probably strike fear into the hearts of even the elite knightsz

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I would kinda like to play a non-canon joke game where someone else takes charge and Link kinda only watches

I got the right game for ya, The Legend of Groose! You can play as Groose and Link just watches as Groose use is sweet comb sword to comb his enemies down and his Groosenater to take down big bad bosses. It would be game of the year, with Link's jaw dropped to the ground. :P

As for main topic. Well, I don't know, maybe? Though I don't believe every single Link is a reincarnation of the same guy.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't think Link so much has the knowledge of his previous 'incarnations' as he is driven by the same courageous spirit that defines them. I suppose there may be some sort of instinct that compels him to be the hero, due to him embodying courage as a virtue.

Since Link is a silent protagonist we don't get any insight into what he knows. The Hero's Shade (aka The Hero of Time) may have had some awareness that he would have successors which is why he had the foresight to linger on to pass on his skills. There's nothing I know of to support this, it's just a theory. Perhaps the Hero's Shade and Link were simply fated to meet and the Shade lingered on simply due to regret?

I think it simply boils down to every Link being courageous, and just so happens to be around when Hyrule and other lands need him. Boldness is part and parcel to courage, so of course Link would naturally be more inclined to face down evil than others. Link doesn't seem to have the experiences or knowledge of his predecessors. With the exception of TP Link and the Hero's Shade who passed on his skills physically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom