• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art A Furry Trust

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I need for practice as a writer, so I decided to write a short story. "A Furry Trust" will be a piece of realistic fiction that should run 6-8 chapters and a prologue, which should be longer than in my last story. I planned out all the major plot points, so this estimate should be accurate. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

A Furry Trust - Prologue

Benjie and his furry Ralph loved to play together in their front yard. The two of them would play tug-of-war, fetch, and, their personal favorite, dog Frisbee. The young 1st grader would toss the disk with a beaming smile and an innocent laugh that only children could pull off.

“Go and get it, Ralph!” Benjie would call.

The collie would bark back in delight. His caramel top and white underside glistened under the morning sun as he ran for the fun-filled Frisbee, with its destination unknown. The toy would land in the trimmed shrubbery that lined their new home. Sometimes it would land on the roof, which ended the unbreakable duo's session of post-pancake merriment. On other occasions, Ralph's powerful hind legs leaped into the air, catching the Frisbee in mid-flight. Benjie would always cheer for his dog when this happened.

This time, the disk fell onto the warm asphalt that paved the road. The little boy continued to encourage Benjie to bring their Frisbee back. Ralph, being the obedient collie he is, raced toward the object he was to return to his companion. Sadly, a car speed by in a path that was to inevitably cross with Ralph.

He was sent flying with a whine and whimper. His reddening body laid on the sidewalk.

“R-Ralph!” cried the frightened Benjie.

Still wearing his Superman and Krypto pajamas, Benjie stumbled his way over to his pet. His knees dropped to the ground as the tears stream down his terrified cheeks. The child hugged his motionless family member and buried his face into Ralph's soft coat, without the slightest effort to hold back the ear-piecing sobs.

Benjie has had a lack of life and confidence and ever since that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For anyone who was interested in The Window.
At first, I was going to continue The Window. Long story short, the plot got out of hand and I was losing my voice in the few chapter drafts I wrote. I was basing it off of older writing styles, but I have no no unabridged classics to reference in my house to study. I still plan to finish it after I get more practice as a writer. The Window was probably going to end up as a long project and was poorly planned, making it too large of an endeavor for a novice like me.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Awwww....I myself have never SEEN a beloved pet be flattened on the street, but it happened to one of my cats. It happened in the middle of the night, so none of us saw it happen. An old couple walking found him, saw his collar with the home phone number, and called...

I'm eager to see what will happen next in this story. It reminds me of Frankenweenie atm, but I doubt Benjie will raise Ralph from the dead like what happened in that movie. One, you would obviously be copying, two, you said "realistic" and bringing something back to life with a lightning strike is not realistic. Speaking of which, how fast was that car going? I don't think it's possible to hit an animal and it to go flying and land on the sidewalk. Minor nitpick though.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Way to depress me....Strong beginning, it really sets a dark tone, and the wording was quite impressive. I especially love the line, " The child hugged his motionless family member..." It gives a good impression of how beloved this dog was and its death more traumatic.

I was tearing up for a second cause just the thought of a pet being run over...it kills me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom