• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2017 gaming disappointments (so far)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The more and more I play BoTW, the more disappointing it gets to me... I kinda like the linear style of Zelda...

I like how the game builds up on what happened previously, like in Ocarina of Time, where you'd get a new item in every dungeon, and then have to use it throughout all of the next dungeons. I also like how you don't HAVE to do all of the temples in order, because you can find a more difficult way to do them, but still be able to do them in a number of ways. In BoTW, you start with the base, and stay there.

One thing I DO like about BoTW, is that you can B.S your way through a WHOLE LOT of it. I'm a fan of using creativity (cheating is a way of showing your creativity) to B.S my way past parts of the game (like in several towers on BoTW, and on the Dodongo Cavern in OoT Master quest) but I still enjoy the style they used in Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess much more.

I'd like the game a lot more if it had better story. The story of BoTW is about as cheap as it gets, and has no depth, while games like Ocarina of Time.

BoTW tried too hard with exploration, and left nothing else to be done. Most people only find fun whopping Lynels, and herding them to villages...

Sure, the Korok Seeds are fun, but the shrines have too many lame shrine quests, and the puzzles inside the shrines are as easy as it gets... Maybe fun for a little while, but not so much later on.

The hype for Breath of The Wild was the best part for me, just like Star Wars 7, and Rogue One.

I also enjoyed climbing in Breath of The Wild, but it got kinda lame later on. (At LEAST I look back at SS's climbing mechanics, and think "Damn, these are dumb")

I think it'd be better if it was NOT advertised as a Zelda game, since our expectations on Zelda games are pretty much set at this point.

Last edited:
The more and more I play BoTW, the more disappointing it gets to me...
This is exactly the Switch needs a wide variety of games. Breath of the Wild IS a great game but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Enough people will not not like what it is. You don't and that's totally ok. There needs to be other games out there on the console to cater to those who don't like what BotW is.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Gotta say, 1,2,switch was a bit of a dissapointment. I thought it was novel and even a bit entertaining but all in all it was just that. Meh

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I never had any good expectations for 1, 2 Switch. Sure, it'd make a good free game, like Nintendo Land, but NOT a 50$ game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom